R2R LIVE SALE 3/5/22 SAT - Aqua SD 15th Year Anniversary LIVE SALE - Discounts, Games, Freebies, Fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But what if we made a bet with our husband that we could go until Spring without getting any new corals? So technically, if the corals didn't arrive until April, we would still win?

View attachment 2574858
women office GIF by SoulPancake

Beau_B

Valuable Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unfortunately will be internet deprived (traveling to mountains) in a few hours through Sunday evening. If the vultures leave anything for Monday perhaps I’ll snag something.

You kids have fun, I’ll drop in and make some questionable decisions if possible.

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like this one? I took a screenshot with an hour left because I couldn’t believe how high it had been bid!

View attachment 2574480

It’s interesting that so many people liked the whiter ones. Those are actually pretty “basic” ones that you can find in knee deep water in FL (alongside plain greenish ones). “Ultra” RFAs (colorful ones) come from lower light areas in 30-45 feet of water (vs the plain ones you can collect in ankle/knee deep water).

Maybe people just aren’t as used to seeing them?
Lots of different reasons. Peoples tastes change, ton of new people entering the hobby and not knowing what is "rare" and what is common, people bidding up things on ebay for no apparent reason, there seems to be a lot more people in the hobby now that have money to throw at the hobby, etc. I remember when these "designer" clowns were considered bad broodstock and were thrown in for free by ORA. Then the craze started for clowns that didn't look like the wild caught clowns and we are where we are today.

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Inpain;Rage;Sour 3 days without power at 39 degrees I got nuthin' but some palys that won't open and are shrinking into invisibility. Surprise survivors were my strawberry conch, 3 dwarf blue leggeds,1 nerite, and 3 spaghetti worms. OH! Forgot about all the bryopsis that is running away with my tanks now.

Sooo, just imagine my favs: beautiful RFA's, bowerbanki (5 heads), trachy, and gorgeous blueish pinkish duncan with 3 wee heads hiding beneath. (Sniffle)

WAITING FOR THE DEALS! :cool:
Cant wait for the items to drop!

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that’s the one thing that bugs me about AquaSD. They call the same corals by different names so sometimes it’s hard to know which is which. Sorry guys. Take this as an area of development
that you need to work on.
Thank you! We love to take in this kind of feedback so we can learn and grow! Thank you!

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I am really torn on this. My daughter is coming home for my birthday weekend. Looks like I have to miss the live sale. What to do what to do. ;)

All seriousness, I hope there are some good deals left in the after sale!! Was really hoping to score a nuclear torch..if anyone sees one, send me a DM please?

Thanks
Family comes first! I understand, but hopefully there are some great goodies left when you can come check it out!
Also, happy early bday!!!
Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that’s the one thing that bugs me about AquaSD. They call the same corals by different names so sometimes it’s hard to know which is which. Sorry guys. Take this as an area of development
that you need to work on.
I think the issue on this is the fact that most of these are imports and not necessarily tank grown acros which would allow for lineage and consistent naming of the same coral. Given they are wild caught and important, there is no way to know if these are actually the same corals which an identical name would suggest. I am actually amazed that they have not ran out of names.

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaSD makes it easy to spend a good bit of money because they are one of the few places that has *real* deals when they have sales. I live less than 30 minutes away from the large three letter outfits in Orlando, and I’ve bought more corals with Aqua SD in the last 6 months than I’ve purchased at the big names here in years (I still support my LFS TSA buying fish and inverts and dry goods/food).

Here is another one of my favorites from AquaSD, the “sparkling” alveopora. The shimmering white is like bright snow. It is bright and unique, and doesn’t need crazy lighting to stand out a tank full of radioactive-LSD-trip fluorescent corals that look so different under different lighting.

View attachment 2573304
Thank you very much for the support! We really appreciate it!

JGT

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the issue on this is the fact that most of these are imports and not necessarily tank grown acros which would allow for lineage and consistent naming of the same coral. Given they are wild caught and important, there is no way to know if these are actually the same corals which an identical name would suggest. I am actually amazed that they have not ran out of names.
OK, BroccoliFarmer, this proves you are a paid representative of AquaSD. ;).
While some of that is true I’ve seen it happen on the same corals that are for sale out of the same inventory as well. It just makes it hard to keep track of what you’ve bought vs. what you want to buy. So you have to buy more from looks which is fine but also sometimes difficult given the lighting, pic quality, etc. I know none of us want to buy dupes when there is all this corally goodness to be had.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, BroccoliFarmer, this proves you are a paid representative of AquaSD. ;).
While some of that is true I’ve seen it happen on the same corals that are for sale out of the same inventory as well. It just makes it hard to keep track of what you’ve bought vs. what you want to buy. So you have to buy more from looks which is fine but also sometimes difficult given the lighting, pic quality, etc. I know none of us want to buy dupes when there is all this corally goodness to be had.
Oh i dont disagree with you. I like named corals as well so that you know what the frag will look like when it grows up and I am a bit frustrated by this as well as there are a couple of my favorite corals that went to reef heaven that I would love to rebuy. But I think the underlying issue is the fact that they dont have lineage because they cant necessarily control what they get because they are wild caught specimens and not tank grown.

edit..what wonderful run on sentences!!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AFX
Back