R2R LIVE SALE 3/5/22 SAT - Aqua SD 15th Year Anniversary LIVE SALE - Discounts, Games, Freebies, Fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And… little blasto garden. They were growing fast and have now stopped, so that’s part of my “figure out what’s up” situation.

View attachment 2574351
I have two types of the merletties (little guys) and loved them, so got a couple blastos from ASD last week from their clearance area. A purple and baby blue and red and green. I was not expecting the size they came in. Huge and fluffy. So pretty. I do not have pictures, but really nice. If they have some on the sale, I highly recommend them guys.

I really should be paid for my advertising. Hint!

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a white rock nem for years and loved it. It was just different from all the color I guess. It was large compared to the others too. I lost it during a bunch of tank work and transfering around. Bummer. Had it a long time.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you travel/live in St Kitts? I haven’t been in years and there is some good diving there I want to experience! But yeah, a lot of those plain-ish white and gray ones can look pretty cool when under higher blue and violet UVs. They kind of “glow” a soft color of the lighting.

Absolutely agree with you. I intentionally go out of my way to make room for and collect some “plain” varieties of things. On one hand, I think they make others around them “pop” even more (like having a plain acan next to some really nice vibrant ones, or having “common” rock flowers mingling among bright and rarer ones).

That being said, I love and appreciate common corals and RFAs like the crazy ones, but I can’t bring myself to pay premium prices (e.g. $80 for one of those white RFAs) for “common” corals. ;)

Those are sweet! Gorgonians are underrated and under appreciated! I only have photosynthetic gorgs, and they are super easy to care for and grow super fast. I think more people would like them if gorgs weren’t so often associated with being non photosynthetic and thus difficult to keep.

I like to describe them as an awesome mix of some traits from euphyllia and SPS. They some what resemble SPS corals (awesome polyps and polyp extension, branching, etc.) and are slightly rigid. But they sway and provide the great movement everyone loves from euphyllia!
I am in St Kitts for veterinary school (RUSVM Class of 2025). Wifey does the tank maintenance while I'm here. I come home a few times per year. I'm lucky she likes the hobby as much as me.

Wish I was able to bring some of the corals and inverts here home. There are some gorgeous condylactis, RFAs, sponges, Porites, and other LPS here. I find the diamonds in the rough while snorkeling 2-3x weekly.

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends! Sorry for not selecting the giveaway winners yesterday! We have been really busy preparing everything for y'all this weekend!

I will select the winners before the end of the day and will do a few more giveaways to help y'all prepare for the live sale!

BUUUUUTTT! Please purchase your shipping modules! If you have not purchased your shipping modules, your order(s) will unfortunately be pushed to the back, which might even be on April and I am assuming none of us want that! It is very important to buy one if you want your corals to arrive sooner than later!

seth meyers announcement GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey friends! Sorry for not selecting the giveaway winners yesterday! We have been really busy preparing everything for y'all this weekend!

I will select the winners before the end of the day and will do a few more giveaways to help y'all prepare for the live sale!

BUUUUUTTT! Please purchase your shipping modules! If you have not purchased your shipping modules, your order(s) will unfortunately be pushed to the back, which might even be on April and I am assuming none of us want that! It is very important to buy one if you want your corals to arrive sooner than later!

I chatted with someone from your team on Facebook last night. My goodies will be shipping for Saturday 3/12/22 delivery since I paid the $40 shipping for the eBay auction last night! So excited for all the amazing corals and prices! Better than Christmas!

i cant wait GIF

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can you show some torchy teasers? Very small list of needs right now... (of course, I have a laundry list of wants!!)

jkcoral

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any chance of a secret early bird sale tonight before the sale starts tomorrow?

You guys did a little early action for people hanging out on your last big sale, and it was *awesome*! It also makes sure people buy shipping modules, like me last sale, and gets me committed. If I by a scoly during a secret presale the night before, I can’t let the box go to waste and have to fill it up (also happened to me last time haha) ;)

VegasReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You guys did a little early action for people hanging out on your last big sale, and it was *awesome*! It also makes sure people buy shipping modules, like me last sale, and gets me committed. If I by a scoly during a secret presale the night before, I can’t let the box go to waste and have to fill it up (also happened to me last time haha) ;)
It was worth it last time for sure!!

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Im in!! How about it @AquaSD ?

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

But what if we made a bet with our husband that we could go until Spring without getting any new corals? So technically, if the corals didn't arrive until April, we would still win?

giphy (12).gif

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back