Martin clown fish get beat up by bigger maroon

Why so serious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help I try to pair my maroon clown fish but the bigger one beat up the smaller one now the smaller one won’t even eat any advise or any way to make him eat , and how do I pair up maroons

image.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroons are notoriously difficult to pair. The larger is the female and she is very particular who she will let near her. Since she is established, I would take the other clown back to LFS or to another tank and get a maroon that is significantly smaller and try gradual into with acclimation box.

Good luck. Some clowns just will not pair.

OP
OP
Why so serious

Why so serious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroons are notoriously difficult to pair. The larger is the female and she is very particular who she will let near her. Since she is established, I would take the other clown back to LFS or to another tank and get a maroon that is significantly smaller and try gradual into with acclimation box.

Good luck. Some clowns just will not pair.
Anyway to make the smaller one eat ?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like you have a lot of emergencies. May want to slow down and do some research before just buying everything. Per previous posts you've had anemone trouble, mixed predators and prey, and now a notoriously mean fish with one that is less so.

OP
OP
Why so serious

Why so serious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like you have a lot of emergencies. May want to slow down and do some research before just buying everything. Per previous posts you've had anemone trouble, mixed predators and prey, and now a notoriously mean fish with one that is less so.
Yeah my anemone die off but only that one died other than that was doing good so no idea what happened to it

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will not eat if threatened or scared. May need to put in own tank to get to eat. Then use some mysis, brine, roe, etc. Something they love.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back