• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Looking for interest in a grow out!

OP
OP
islander84

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets try to keep this simple maybe like up to 5 chalices and up to 5 acros...... See how things go and go from there.... i dont want to spend a fortune but dont want it to be a waste of time either for couple rinky dinky pieces :). If you guys have some things in mind please share so we can get some ideas going.

I want some acros like the rainbow granulosa, tierra de fuego, ..........

I want some chalices with some SICK colors! :).

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets try to keep this simple maybe like up to 5 chalices and up to 5 acros...... See how things go and go from there.... i dont want to spend a fortune but dont want it to be a waste of time either for couple rinky dinky pieces :). If you guys have some things in mind please share so we can get some ideas going.

I want some acros like the rainbow granulosa, tierra de fuego, ..........

I want some chalices with some SICK colors! :).

+1 on those acros
Tequila sunrise milli also
Yellow polyp red dragon from joe
Joe the acro
Pearl berry

Chalices I would like
Crazy fox
Superman on steroids
Merlin

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
islander84

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really dont want colonies unless they got fragged up and sent out before they hit my tank.... usually colonies are more likely to carry pest...if we get frags i will cut them at the base and remount them to be certain there are no critters!
Agreed color is more important as well . Ill make a little list up of things that I think are super nice and colorful. Grow out on the lps are easy and usually quicker the sps I'm not sure of unless we can do a group buy on small colonies and frag out.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
islander84

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peeked in tank this morning and saw some MAD pe on pink watermelon so i popped lights on real quick and snapped a pic....it was hard to catch a pic with polyps stretched out full length.... looking through tank they were probably a good inch long or better! I have never seen a chalice with that kind of pe.... if it was close enough to another coral it could possibly sting it.... usually i see 1/2 inch polyps on chalices

Also snapped a pic of clowns in their cave :). The female stays in the cave the male has to sleep outside! :) what the heck.....

Attachments

• 2012-09-19_06-05-14_676.jpg
    2012-09-19_06-05-14_676.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 2012-09-19_06-03-20_633.jpg
    2012-09-19_06-03-20_633.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 190
  • 2012-09-18_21-29-25_359.jpg
    2012-09-18_21-29-25_359.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 187
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
islander84

islander84

Island Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i did a little browsing, looks like Joe doesnt have a big selection but did have a couple acros that im interested in. Mike definitely has a big selection of some SICK chalices..... battle corals has some nice acros and decent selection...... what about any non commercial guys? Who has nice chalices and acros?

Paul C.

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking set up... Just catching up on everything here. Im not into the sticks, but, would still join the group, not an issue. I know Rich has some great pieces. Have several of his in my tank (check my porfil, under pics) I can Talk with him about some stuff he may have hidden for us. Im supposed to go see his new place next month. We all know of him right? Sells on Ebay, for "cornbread"

Corals.com

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i did a little browsing, looks like Joe doesnt have a big selection but did have a couple acros that im interested in. Mike definitely has a big selection of some SICK chalices..... battle corals has some nice acros and decent selection...... what about any non commercial guys? Who has nice chalices and acros?

If you went to his site. It hasnt been right since the live sale. That guy has some great stuff chalices and acros alike.

rjbesch

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i did a little browsing, looks like Joe doesnt have a big selection but did have a couple acros that im interested in. Mike definitely has a big selection of some SICK chalices..... battle corals has some nice acros and decent selection...... what about any non commercial guys? Who has nice chalices and acros?[/QUOTE

Don't go by the site, Joey has alot of nice gems that would be awesome in a grow out. Contact him for stuff you are interested in, his site hasn't been updated since it went down from the live sale. I picked up some nice acros from him this past weekend at a frag swap and he had some awesome chalices with him as well.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

financialreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let you guys know that I've got a BPC Flamethrower, some JF Crazy Fox, JF Riddler, just to name a few that I would be happy to make a GREAT deal on for the growout. PM me and I can get you a list with prices. I'm not a commercial seller.

Top Shelf Aquatics

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich has some real nice stuff I am game Did someone try reaching out to Joe?I am sure he has some killer stuff Sexy Mike has always been good and always has nice stuff

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tank Stop
Back