I want my par meter back - it’s in Franklin, NC

CrashTestBennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I live in Franklin, and I'm surprised to hear that someone else from these boards lives here as well. Not only because it's a small mountain town, but the nearest decent LFS is almost two hours away.
If this person lives close to town, they probably have internet and cell service, but just a few minutes outside, it’s still pretty unreliable.
If there’s anything I can do to help, just let me know.
That's what's up! Good looking out...

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I’ve never used a par meter for my tank. I let my corals tell me if they’re unhappy.
just trying to help out a fellow reefer that was scammed here. Living in a small town it shouldn’t be too hard to find someone.
It hasn't been decided he's been scammed yet. But yea, if you could go pick it up and send it to @VintageReefer that would do the trick!!

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm shocked there 2 people on here who know that Franklin even exists!
1729115456019.png

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL....its not for sale in the usual on-line places in/around your area....so hopefully live happend, he forgot, and returns it to you soon...
EDIT: except Facebook Marketplace...I dont do that so have no access to it

Knucker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I live in Franklin, and I'm surprised to hear that someone else from these boards lives here as well. Not only because it's a small mountain town, but the nearest decent LFS is almost two hours away.
If this person lives close to town, they probably have internet and cell service, but just a few minutes outside, it’s still pretty unreliable.
If there’s anything I can do to help, just let me know.
I live in Franklin NC. The closest place that does Saltwater is in Sylva. Fish and More Pet store is great. The closest Coral reef store is in Tennessee. It is named "The Coral Reef" it's an ok place.

CrashTestBennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Franklin NC. The closest place that does Saltwater is in Sylva. Fish and More Pet store is great. The closest Coral reef store is in Tennessee. It is named "The Coral Reef" it's an ok place.
I guess I'm lucky I wasn't into reefing when I lived in Franklin!

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OFF Topic: Did you know that The Coral Reef TN is also "Sustainable Aquatics"? I've gotten some amazing live stock from them over the last few months in my travels to TN and back.

Don't forget about Skips Reef Supply in Hendersonville next time you're in that neck of the woods.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he's in the township of Franklin, roads are open. But, if he lives on the other side of a creek or in a valley, even just minutes from town, he could be in bad shape.
I've actually been in a situation where we (our entire town) were cut off. Completely. For two days. Our area was hit by a TON of rain that basically flooded out all five roads out of town. And we don't live in the middle of nowhere. So yes, it's definitely possible he's just disconnected from civilization.

OP
OP
VintageReefer

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've actually been in a situation where we (our entire town) were cut off. Completely. For two days. Our area was hit by a TON of rain that basically flooded out all five roads out of town. And we don't live in the middle of nowhere. So yes, it's definitely possible he's just disconnected from civilization.
He’s not disconnected. A member lives 5 min walking distance away and confirmed it’s not disaster zone, has full power, Internet, utilities etc

Now is the person engaged in helping out nearby areas that are in much need of help? Who knows

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s not disconnected. A member lives 5 min walking distance away and confirmed it’s not disaster zone, has full power, Internet, utilities etc

Now is the person engaged in helping out nearby areas that are in much need of help? Who knows
Ohhhh. Nevermind!

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who owns a second home in WNC Cashiers to be specific and who has done a lot of business in Franklin you should just hope he returns it or write it off. You don't just go knocking on doors up there let alone drive up on someone's land unannounced. Every small town up there has their "homeboys" and if he's one of them I can guarantee you reefing isn't his number one hobby and he knows how to use it. They don't call it Cranklin for nothing. Good luck, I hope you get it back.

CrashTestBennie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well, that is disappointing. Surely if he has access to his email, he would check it, regardless if he's super focused on something. I was hoping for a positive outcome...

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While he may have bigger issues than wanting to deal with you, you don't know that and he hasn't communicated that.

Maybe a lawyer friend can do you a favor and send him a certified letter with an invoice and a demand note. It would have no teeth, but wouldn't be a bad last ditch effort.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back