Clownfish fry babies

ksak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to my fellow hobbyist,

Question regarding baby clownfish. First batch ever. They hatched 9 days ago and so far so good! Been feeding them rotifers, keeping the water clean and green.
I've read that from Day 10 onwards, especially after they become juveniles, I should discontinue rotifers and start adding TDO B1/B2. I only have TDO C1 (Xsmall). Can I crush it, make it the size of B1 or B2 and give them that?
I'm wondering, since it seems like they're the same recipe, if crushing it would be fine.

Thank you!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to my fellow hobbyist,

Question regarding baby clownfish. First batch ever. They hatched 9 days ago and so far so good! Been feeding them rotifers, keeping the water clean and green.
I've read that from Day 10 onwards, especially after they become juveniles, I should discontinue rotifers and start adding TDO B1/B2. I only have TDO C1 (Xsmall). Can I crush it, make it the size of B1 or B2 and give them that?
I'm wondering, since it seems like they're the same recipe, if crushing it would be fine.

Thank you!

I prefer to introduce HUFA enriched live baby brine around day 10. Start off slowly with the brine, sometimes they overeat them and that can cause burst guts. Gradually increase the LBB and reduce the rotifers and start to add TDO at any point that you see that they are eating it. If you can't get HUFA enrichment, you can try just adding the TDO, but always overlap ANY change in food for a few days, as not all of the larva will be at the same stage at the same time and you don't want to have a die off at switchover time.

The very best batches of clowns I've had were those where I was also culturing copepods and fed them some nauplii at the same time as the LBB.

OP
OP
K

ksak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my first hatch of baby brine shrimp this morning and introduced very little at the same time as rotifers. They seem to eat it and like it with no issues. I have read so many bad things about the BBS so it made me doubt if I should pursue it.

Thank you so much for your reply, I'll definitely try that.
I prefer to introduce HUFA enriched live baby brine around day 10. Start off slowly with the brine, sometimes they overeat them and that can cause burst guts. Gradually increase the LBB and reduce the rotifers and start to add TDO at any point that you see that they are eating it. If you can't get HUFA enrichment, you can try just adding the TDO, but always overlap ANY change in food for a few days, as not all of the larva will be at the same stage at the same time and you don't want to have a die off at switchover time.

The very best batches of clowns I've had were those where I was also culturing copepods and fed them some nauplii at the same time as the LBB.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back