Clownfish Fin Rot after Chemiclean

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The one
If its aggresssion should they be kept apart? Or do you think its something else. The larger clownfish has now had extreme trouble breathing, so I have it in a separate tank with its own air stone, as the smaller one seems fine now. But the larger one is losing strength while swimming, and I can't get any medicine besides what they have at petco within the hour. Not sure what I can do. I also contacted a local reefer and he doesn't have any medicine. I don't think the large one will make it longer then an hour.
you mention is Very badly damaged and recovery is uncertain when it reaches this point. Separation is of essence when it comes to aggression.

OP
OP
D

dannyd_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one

you mention is Very badly damaged and recovery is uncertain when it reaches this point. Separation is of essence when it comes to aggression.
I have the larger one in its own tank with an air stone, and I treated the tank with a little under the recommended of melafix. I think the smaller will be okay, as it seems completely fine and hopefully the melafix will help. The larger one we will see, and tomorrow when the reef store opens I will try to get the medicine you recommended. Thank you for your help very much!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have the larger one in its own tank with an air stone, and I treated the tank with a little under the recommended of melafix. I think the smaller will be okay, as it seems completely fine and hopefully the melafix will help. The larger one we will see, and tomorrow when the reef store opens I will try to get the medicine you recommended. Thank you for your help very much!
Do know melafix is a tonic made with teak tree oil and rendered useless despite the manufacturer's claims

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back