• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cherry's Acan Grow Out-subdivide

Nutramar Foods

financialreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out these pics from today.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346121267.096050.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346121284.201678.jpg

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be around this weekend so I'll try and frag everything thats left and of a fraggable size-

So whats the groups opinion on say a frag with 7 heads, if all fragged survives thats 2 frags with 2 heads and 3 with 1. Do I frag that 7 head frag or what until it gets to 10 (or 11-12 to allow for blade damaging portions)
There are a few 3-4 roughly that are say 5,6,7,8, heads.

Basiclly I could frag nearly everything but maybe 3 or 4-some will have more heads than others but maybe we do that and get frags out- its up to you all.

If that make sense Let me know

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Beerman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it will all balance out. I may get a single polyp of one and multiple polyps of others. As long as the single is healthy we'll have more soon!

I'll be around this weekend so I'll try and frag everything thats left and of a fraggable size-

So whats the groups opinion on say a frag with 7 heads, if all fragged survives thats 2 frags with 2 heads and 3 with 1. Do I frag that 7 head frag or what until it gets to 10 (or 11-12 to allow for blade damaging portions)
There are a few 3-4 roughly that are say 5,6,7,8, heads.

Basiclly I could frag nearly everything but maybe 3 or 4-some will have more heads than others but maybe we do that and get frags out- its up to you all.

If that make sense Let me know

Avast
OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys wanted to give a brief update, I ended up going out of town at the last moment and my tank crashed-everything is dead -
flamemad.gif

:sorry: :faint2:

OK on a serious note-I did go out of town so nothing got fragged, I'll get to it this week:nerd:

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was so funny I forgot to laugh.

Ah, an oldie but a goodie

If you can hold off a bit ( if needed) in getting labels, it'll be Sunday at the earliest before I have an opportunity to cut frags and then a minimum 3 weeks to heal.

Avast
OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to whip out the saw here shortly and will see what I can frag.
Here are pics of whats left some fragged already. Not sure what the heck happened but last night out of the blue one of the frags (single polyp) just melted out of nowhere. This was fragged weeks ago so I dont know hat happened. I did dose some Mag last night but in the sump that would have filterd through the entire tank, into the sump (1 of 2 sumps) before being pumped into the frag system so I have no clue what happend.

Also the Ressurection Resurrection (which has never looked that wat since I got it by the way) has been all closed up for a few days. This one has done this off and on many times so I dont know what the heck the issue is-

I'll cross my fingers but anyway here ya go

Oh the one acan that has half melted, thats one of mine I neglected and it got to close to one of my chalices-The chalice done whooped its ***

a4-2.jpg

a3-2.jpg

a2-2.jpg

a1-2.jpg

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well fragged what I could tonight, I have 3 more colonies to frag tomorrow and then all that is left is 4 SLOW growers (plus the yuki 10 needs to grow more)

All seemed to go well, we will see tomorrow how stressed they got

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
First Choice
Back