Bristleworm? Nudibranch? Was living in my carbon

synapticfire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was removing a few hundred pineapple sponges from my carbon media bag and left it in a bowl of RO water. This guy apparently didn’t like the rapid desalinization.
IMG_5112.jpeg

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Creepy! Definitely looks like a worm and not nudibranch to me. Maybe an albino mutant bristleworm? I’m just speculating though, not an expert on worms. But I have seen a lot of nudibranch and I’m pretty sure that is not one.

OP
OP
S

synapticfire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google image search came up with fireworm, but it has no color at all. Maybe it’s just a baby?

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristle worms are great CUC. I’d definitely be putting that guy back in the DT, just as a conversation piece to be like “look at my mutant bristleworm!” LOL.

Related side bar - we used to have an albino whitetail deer living in the woods near the farmland we hunt. I was pleasantly surprised nobody shot it. I like to think all the hunters in the area were just so astonished by it that we let it go. It only lived for a year or two. Natural predator likely got it. Albinism is an unfortunate mutation for a prey animal…

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back