Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fortunately every rfa I've had shipped has survived, I only lost one when I accidentally dropped a rock on it, it later got angry and died.

All the local purchases have been bta's. I only purchase when they have been on glass so I knew the likeliness of foot damage was minimal.

I really can't imagine how to reliably get rfa's from thier spot in a hurry. Even using a nem cannon takes a bit, right?

Thankful all my riptide rfa nems came in perfect.
I mean I pretty much knew when I got home and only two of the 8 were trying to attach to the bag.

I've managed to remove them from their temporary dishes with patience and maybe a little ice to chill their feet to encourage them to let go. I've never torn one myself.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Local.. I've avoided ordering online because I cant be home to receive shipments... but I guess I'm going to have figure something else out.
I think I may have you covered once these get bigger.
dunno what prompted the RFA to poop kiddos... some are different color morphs
IMG_5660(1).JPEG IMG_5661(1).JPEG IMG_5662(1).JPEG
also, a ton of mini/maxis!...
IMG_5663(1).JPEG

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I may have you covered once these get bigger.
dunno what prompted the RFA to poop kiddos... some are different color morphs
IMG_5660(1).JPEG
:star-struck::star-struck::star-struck::star-struck: this looks like the one a got from a show that was a tiny baby and my stupid pistol shrimp had other plans for it.

I'm your girl!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fortunately every rfa I've had shipped has survived, I only lost one when I accidentally dropped a rock on it, it later got angry and died.

All the local purchases have been bta's. I only purchase when they have been on glass so I knew the likeliness of foot damage was minimal.

I really can't imagine how to reliably get rfa's from thier spot in a hurry. Even using a nem cannon takes a bit, right?

Thankful all my riptide rfa nems came in perfect.
I'm considering a Nem cannon for my Joker. He's split a couple times now so I have 3.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living Reef sent me my RFA. She does really good and seems to almost specialize in RFAs. Riptide has a bunch of cool looking ones too. Both are awesome vendors and great shippers. I lost 3 corals from Riptide out of a shipment of 12 and it's only because UPS delayed a day when it was nearly 100 degrees out - they sat in a plane's belly in Texas for 14 hours.
I looked at the RFA in their sale... kind of hard to image what they look like in real life though. :smirking-face:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was surprised at how good all mine from riptide looked. Almost exactly the same color from thier photos and I'm running noops so our lights are very different.

I would def order more from them. When they are on sale tho, the prices have skyrocketed.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I was surprised at how good all mine from riptide looked. Almost exactly the same color from thier photos and I'm running noops so our lights are very different.

I would def order more from them. When they are on sale tho, the prices have skyrocketed.
All the corals I got from Riptide were in great shape and they actually all survived the great PVC Glue/primer incident which is a testament to their health before being sent to me.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Flushed the worst one when I got home tonight
-The other one isn’t gonna make it but I did a cipro bath just because you know. Followed by an iodine dip. I put in the back away from the others for the night

IMG_6495.jpeg

-Stopped by sensei’s house and picked up some iodine to dip 3 who had really angry looking feet and still weren’t trying to attach much.
-Those seemed to have perked up a little after that but it could be wishful thinking
IMG_6494.jpeg

-Water change in the evo
-gathered supplies for the weekend
-definitely ready to have some laughs
Have a great night everyone!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Flushed the worst one when I got home tonight
-The other one isn’t gonna make it but I did a cipro bath just because you know. Followed by an iodine dip. I put in the back away from the others for the night

IMG_6495.jpeg

-Stopped by sensei’s house and picked up some iodine to dip 3 who had really angry looking feet and still weren’t trying to attach much.
-Those seemed to have perked up a little after that but it could be wishful thinking
IMG_6494.jpeg

-Water change in the evo
-gathered supplies for the weekend
-definitely ready to have some laughs
Have a great night everyone!
It's the RFA ICU!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You ruined it, was coming here w that cat carving meme... ;)
so now you wonder...:)
20231011_002515.jpg

what's the secret stash??...:thinking-face:;)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back