ANOTHER Red Sea Reefer Max Failure

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies. I need to correct myself. Upon review of the threads it’s Waterbox that has the wobbly stands many people are complaining about
My new waterbox stand isn’t wobbly. I was concerned on purchase bc of all the hype it’s getting here. It was preassembled at my LFS and I was able to push on it a little and to my surprise no wobble very solid. Got it home and made sure all the cams were tight. Now it’s in my living room and I’m not concerned. Seems solid and by my estimate the concerns are either over stated or there is user error involved? Also my tanks not massive so maybe this helps.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen these reports enough to make me wonder how there still selling tanks. Is the issue a faulty sealant or combo of that and being rimless? I have a 20 year old 120 gallon tank with no issues but it does have a rim. Its shocking to me that in this is a thing.
I saw something about poor quality silicone adhesive in a German forum. And something along the lines that the reefer max-s ie the premium line is better made and no failures reported

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im thinking of a red sea nano 18" cube.
Anyone with or hear of failutes on this small aio?
It fits a space perfectly for its size and I like it over the Aquatop 18" cube which I have had 2 before.

OP
OP
Cranie

Cranie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't hold your breath. If it is out of warranty good luck. Mine was 3 months out of warranty and they offered a replacement at a discounted rate, but I had to pay for shipping. It just wasn't worth it to me to give this company any more of my money or take on any more of the risk with their tanks.
From what I have seen if it is under warranty they will replace it, but you have to pay for shipping.
Well..Red Sea support replied back. They are sending an ENTIRE G2+ setup, zero cost to me. It'll be here Thursday. I can't complain about that. Just need to know how it'll be different from this tank.

LARedstickreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..Red Sea support replied back. They are sending an ENTIRE G2+ setup, zero cost to me. It'll be here Thursday. I can't complain about that. Just need to know how it'll be different from this tank.
And this was out of warranty? Maybe I need to say something about mine…

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current temp solution until Red Sea contacts and sends me a replacement tank (I've been told by my friend who owns a local that is their remedy)
tank.jpeg
Oh heck no!!! This is why I got rid of my red sea tank. This is just horrible. I hope you can get your fish and coral friends to safety

OP
OP
Cranie

Cranie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2019 for mine. It hasn’t let go yet, but seams are showing signs of failure. It’s a Red Sea 170 so it appears that it’ll be a slower but eventual blow out.
I recommend you do what I did and send them pictures with your concerns now. "It looks fine" reply a year ago became "we're shipping you a new setup" today.

wjm6449

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always preventative care. You can create a top rim for it if you want, or since it’s dry flexseal the exterior edges to support it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back