• no

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a 240 gallon tank. I currently have a blue DOT stingray 7" disk, and am inquiring about a blue DIAMOND stingray. Ive had my blue dot for about 3 weeks now, and hes doing amazing. This is my first ray, so I have no clue on how multiple rays get along. I'm hoping they're more like sharks in which they ignore each other.

I have 70 lbs of rock, and supersized filtration. I haven't had any parameter swings recently, but I have a water change station that works fast in case of emergency. Is this doable? thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a 240 gallon tank. I currently have a blue DOT stingray 7" disk, and am inquiring about a blue DIAMOND stingray. Ive had my blue dot for about 3 weeks now, and hes doing amazing. This is my first ray, so I have no clue on how multiple rays get along. I'm hoping they're more like sharks in which they ignore each other.

I have 70 lbs of rock, and supersized filtration. I haven't had any parameter swings recently, but I have a water change station that works fast in case of emergency. Is this doable? thanks
I’ve kept them together but in larger tanks. Blue dots are more delicate, I’d give yours a few months to settle in before adding a diamond. Also, the blue spot should be larger.

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve kept them together but in larger tanks. Blue dots are more delicate, I’d give yours a few months to settle in before adding a diamond. Also, the blue spot should be larger.
I will give mine some time to settle in then, also, side note. I’m trying to add my 3” hippo tang and 3” flame angel into the display today, will rays go after smaller fish like those?

Cheese Griller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are already pushing it in the 240 with the blue dot. You've mentioned that you're upgrading your tank in the near future- you really should wait until the upgrade is completed to acquire any more large-growing species, as has been recommended by many people on the various threads you've posted. Not waiting will put the lives of the animals in jeopardy. Patience is huge in this hobby- waiting until you have the correct environment to house the fish that we keep is arguably the most important part of this hobby.

As far as the smaller fish go, it's a dice roll on their safety with the ray, since rays are opportunistic hunters and will take the chance to eat them if given it. Using a grow out tank would be optimal for the smaller specimens.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will give mine some time to settle in then, also, side note. I’m trying to add my 3” hippo tang and 3” flame angel into the display today, will rays go after smaller fish like those?
I’d worry that the angel might pick at the ray’s eyes, butterflyfish commonly do, as do larger angels.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue dot rays are very fragile. Be happy he is doing well. I’ve had a few and they do not do well with change and water needs to be pristine. Good luck

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d worry that the angel might pick at the ray’s eyes, butterflyfish commonly do, as do larger angels.
I added both of those without issue, thankfully- on a side note, do the copperband butterflyfish go after rays? I was second guessing because of their long and awkward snout

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added both of those without issue, thankfully- on a side note, do the copperband butterflyfish go after rays? I was second guessing because of their long and awkward snout
IDK about copperbands, I’ve never kept one with a ray.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back