OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to say, I can’t clearly see any blanching that would indicate the presence of crustacean parasites. The issue could be flukes, leeches or turbellarian worms. You could try prazi - that would help against flukes. Leeches or turbellarians would require a formalin dip and then moving the fish to a new, parasite free tank, to allow any parasites in the tank to die from lack of a host.
if my other tanks aren’t adequate, what should I get to make it work? Also, how long would the tank have to be fallow?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if my other tanks aren’t adequate, what should I get to make it work? Also, how long would the tank have to be fallow?
Since the ray doesn’t have any major symptoms yet, I think you have time to try prazi. You can do that in your display tank. You dose it at 2.2 ppm with good aeration and no carbon. Then dose it a second time after 8 days. If that doesn’t help, you’ll have to try a formalin dip on the ray and move it to a new tank.

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the ray doesn’t have any major symptoms yet, I think you have time to try prazi. You can do that in your display tank. You dose it at 2.2 ppm with good aeration and no carbon. Then dose it a second time after 8 days. If that doesn’t help, you’ll have to try a formalin dip on the ray and move it to a new tank.
I found a nice aerator-gonna have it blow the bubbles through my wave maker. On the bottle of Prazi it only says milligram/liters, how do I convert to ppm?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 5

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a nice aerator-gonna have it blow the bubbles through my wave maker. On the bottle of Prazi it only says milligram/liters, how do I convert to ppm?
PPM and milligrams/liter are equivalent. The typical dose is 2.2

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the move be just the ray, or all my fish? Inverts too?

Only other tanks/spaces I have is a 65 that was previously exposed to copper and a 50 gallon tub.
Oof that would be a rough period. Petsmart has 40 gallons on sale, you could get a couple of those and put fish between those and your other tanks. If I remember right you have a lot of tangs and other high bioload fish?

OP
OP
F

fishguy777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oof that would be a rough period. Petsmart has 40 gallons on sale, you could get a couple of those and put fish between those and your other tanks. If I remember right you have a lot of tangs and other high bioload fish?
Yeah, I think now might be the time to invest in a Rubbermaid tub, I have all the filtration and heating supplies on standby already

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back