Will these tangs work together in a 6’ 210 gal tank?

BRS

stephanjupillat

Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys. I will be upgrading to a 6’ x 28”w x 26” h with external overflow sometime in the next 6 months and I’m doing my research on the 4 subspecies of tangs.

I have mostly smaller fish now in my 60 galling but I overstock and probably have 15 to 20 fish in there. Most pretty small. I also plan on getting some full size angelfish like a pair of swallowtails and either or both a regal or goldflake. A Foxface. Pair of bella gobies.

Some of the fish I already have are coral beauty, pair of mandarins, flasher wrasse, pair of clowns, cardinal, fathead anthia, and a bunch of other small ones.

I‘m looking to add
White tail bristletooth
blue hippo 1 or 2 of them at same time
convict
Gem

maybe a powder brown if there’s room

Tried picking smaller ones that I think would work. I don’t plan on upgrading size of tank after I install the 6’ 210 gal. Do you think these will get along? Recommendations on when to add them? All at once would be best but it’ll be pretty hard to find them all at once. I plan on buying pre quarantined from either dr tims or tsm Aquatics. Can’t remember other quarantined stores right now.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Gatorpa

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I will be upgrading to a 6’ x 28”w x 26” h with external overflow sometime in the next 6 months and I’m doing my research on the 4 subspecies of tangs.

I have mostly smaller fish now in my 60 galling but I overstock and probably have 15 to 20 fish in there. Most pretty small. I also plan on getting some full size angelfish like a pair of swallowtails and either or both a regal or goldflake. A Foxface. Pair of bella gobies.

Some of the fish I already have are coral beauty, pair of mandarins, flasher wrasse, pair of clowns, cardinal, fathead anthia, and a bunch of other small ones.

I‘m looking to add
White tail bristletooth
convict
Gem

Tried picking smaller ones that I think would work. I don’t plan on upgrading size of tank after I install the 6’ 210 gal. Do you think these will get along? Recommendations on when to add them? All at once would be best but it’ll be pretty hard to find them all at once. I plan on buying pre quarantined from either dr tims or tsm Aquatics. Can’t remember other quarantined stores right now.
In my experience those are more docile tangs.
But they are tangs and there are fish so there always can be a jerk in the bunch….

SaJon

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I‘m looking to add
White tail bristletooth
convict
Gem

In my 300g I added 10 tangs all at the same time. 3 purple, 3 desjardini, 3 yellow (lost a yellow from the others beating him up) and 1 Sohol. After 2.5 years the remaining 9 did great together in my 300g. Ive since shut down and sold the fish. They are still doing fine from what I hear. Nice choice of fish you should be fine. Tangs are territorial though so many say adding them together is best. ;)

BRS

Fishyfish22

Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I‘m looking to add
White tail bristletooth
convict
Gem

I have those exact tangs, plus more (except only one hippo). There is no aggression amongst them, one thing I've learned from the 2 convict tangs I've had though is they're good at not letting themselves get bossed around. I've had a 6" sohal try to harass my 2" convict, only for the convict to show him that he won't be putting up with it. you should be good, just add the hippos at the same time :)

Last edited:
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tunze
Back