What chiller for a 90?

mikearoni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new tank gets pretty hot compared to my previouos tank. I know it is because of the halides. I had 4xt5's and the temp in the previous tank got as high as 79. But the new tank gets around 82-83 with the 2x250w. I noticed that one of my colonies began to rtn, I assume it is because of the extreme temperature change. After seeing the high temps in my new tank with halides, and the 5g evaporation in two days I am now looking for a chiller. Can you guys give me some advice on a good, reliable chiller? I was looking at this model, http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...de=pacificcoast is it any good? I want to get one that will keep the tank around 77-78.
Thanks

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90gal w/ full enclosed canopy encasing dual 250mh and four overdriven 4' T-5's. When begining my tank I planned on a chiller due to the heat build up issues that I anticipated. I have had a JBJ Artica 1/4HP and it is awesome. It keeps the tank cool only cycles on maybe once, twice an hour depending on the ambient temperature. Best of all it is almost completely quiet. I would highly recommend checking it out.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back