Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is absolutely heartbreaking. I just stood next to him a couple weeks ago at Aquashella while he was talking to my friends at the Tank It Easy booth. I was SO excited to see him but I was too nervous/shy to say hello and I didn’t want to interrupt his conversation, so I figured I’d run into him later or maybe even at another show in the future where I wouldn’t be too shy. Now I never will. :(
Rest In Peace, Jake. You’ve taught me so many things & I appreciate your passion for this hobby so much. Much love to his wife and family.

CLICK TO VIEW
AquaCave Logo Banner
Nutramar Foods
AS

Dedicated Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been informed that the family knows and now we here at R2R are able to mourn together the tragic news that the reefing community has lost Jake Adams of ReefBuilders.

I’m at a loss for words as Jake was a very good friend to my family and the R2R community. I had tremendous respect for him and his work and he will be sorely missed.

Prayer for his precious wife and family.

We love you Jake, Rest In Peace.

View attachment 2871295
Heavy heart:(:(:(:(

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Tim'sReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't expect this to hit me this hard, I feel like I lost a friend even if I never met him. Jake's videos are the reason I now have 2 tanks and totally obsessed with this hobby. Thanks Jake for everything you did, you always made the tough times in my life a little better with your energy en knowledge. You will be missed!

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Jimbhoy13

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been informed that the family knows and now we here at R2R are able to mourn together the tragic news that the reefing community has lost Jake Adams of ReefBuilders.

I’m at a loss for words as Jake was a very good friend to my family and the R2R community. I had tremendous respect for him and his work and he will be sorely missed.

Prayer for his precious wife and family.

We love you Jake, Rest In Peace.

View attachment 2871295
Very sad news. My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time. RIP Jake

Top Shelf Aquatics

firechild

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is absolutely heartbreaking. I just stood next to him a couple weeks ago at Aquashella while he was talking to my friends at the Tank It Easy booth. I was SO excited to see him but I was too nervous/shy to say hello and I didn’t want to interrupt his conversation, so I figured I’d run into him later or maybe even at another show in the future where I wouldn’t be too shy. Now I never will. :(
Rest In Peace, Jake. You’ve taught me so many things & I appreciate your passion for this hobby so much. Much love to his wife and family.
I posted something similar on Discord. I worked in product development in the industry of a number of years and Jake's Reefbuilders articles circa 2010 were one of the ways I kept up with what new products were hitting the market. I intended to try and catch him at Reefstock Sydney just 2 months ago but when the opportunity came up, he walked by with a microphone and I didn't want to interrupt if he was about to make an announcement. I went home that day thinking "oh well, there's always next year". Sadly that will never come to be.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Corals.com
Back