Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even think this was real at first..... This dude single handedly got me back into the hobby after a long break due to a bad tank crash. I started watching Reef Builders constantly again and got sucked back in to the hobby. Been watching all his videos since. RIP to a legend in the saltwater reefing hobby. Gone but will never be forgotten.

IKD

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As more info becomes available on what we can do to remember Jake and help his wife we will let you know!!

I only met him briefly in person but his passion for reefing was obvious. I would like to help support the family as that information becomes available.

Top Shelf Aquatics

bnord

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I often listen to reef therapy while I run. I'm going to miss it.
will be re-running them for weeks to come
have a hole in my heart and cannot believe what his Wife, family and close friends are going through right now

Nutramar Foods

LaloJ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunate news, Jake and Sanjay were in Mexico City at the end of last year, although I'm not a lover of corals, the truth is that I'm very sorry that I could not attend to listen to their talks and above all to meet them, I thought that he could come in a near future, my god that's not going to be possible :disappointed-face:, may you rest in peace Jake... :disappointed-face:

748S911

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, when you get the go fund me info let us know.
I know Jake wasn’t into the name game but to have a coral named after him would be awesome.
at min 6.08 on coral farming workshop there is a yellow tenuis he favored in video. We don’t see that many yellow acros, and it is a stunning piece.
7A6BAACD-FC2F-4BE4-8CF5-67CFF6F3F495.jpeg

SecondCityCorals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes no sense for a guy so young and healthy.

Was he doing any scuba diving before the flight? My thought was an air embolism. I have seen way too many people scuba dive and then hop on a flight without as much as a second thought.

This still hurts. I don't know why this hurts so much. He was such a good looking dude. Someone mentioned he was 42 and I was shocked. I thought he was in his late 20s.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was he doing any scuba diving before the flight? My thought was an air embolism. I have seen way too many people scuba dive and then hop on a flight without as much as a second thought.

This still hurts. I don't know why this hurts so much. He was such a good looking dude. Someone mentioned he was 42 and I was shocked. I thought he was in his late 20s.

I’m not sure. Probably not if he was on his way to Bali. It’s just really weird and so unfortunate. The guy appeared to be very healthy.

Corals.com

Breakbeats2334

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A true loss to us all…. I remember over a decade ago starting to read reef builder articles and was hook to the amount of knowledge this man gave ever since. Condolences to the family and loves ones. Gone but not forgotten… Jake thank you for sharing this passion you had to another level with us over the years.

bnord

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Jake wasn’t into the name game but to have a coral named after him would be awesome.
and in his honor, it will be the last named coral I will purchase...

If and I assume when we hear of the designated charity his family identifies, I am sure can do him proud -

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics

trevorhiller

Reef
Review score
+7 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+7 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As everyone else said what a giant loss, I really hope mark keeps the podcast going. RIP Jake you will be missed by so many. :(
Me too! Their channel was the first YouTube channel to get me to actually subscribe. Really enjoyed listening to their differing perspectives and experiences.

I just opened my Facebook during lunch at work and saw the news—still can’t believe it. A young, otherwise healthy person on a plane makes me think it had to be a massive pulmonary embolism. Such a shame…
I hope all the big vendors get together and pick a piece fitting for such a legend with the input of his close friends and family. That would be a truly cool tribute.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Zoanthids.com
Back