Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t believe this. Jake, I use your Bali dive videos as reefing screensaver on my TV when the reef buddies come over to talk shop. I’ve learned so much. I am now only half a reef heathen because of you. We now know that it is Blasphemy to just say Bali Green Slimer. One must say “Acropora Yongei” lol.

We are better at what we do because of who you were and what you gave. A coral is never just a pretty thing in the tank anymore after knowing you bro. It has history, lineage and an identity. I know you will be looking down from heaven, cringing, each time we fling wacky names on stuff Lol . We‘ll miss you buddy.

Reef In Peace.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Wyz1981

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been informed that the family knows and now we here at R2R are able to mourn together the tragic news that the reefing community has lost Jake Adams of ReefBuilders.

I’m at a loss for words as Jake was a very good friend to my family and the R2R community. I had tremendous respect for him and his work and he will be sorely missed.

Prayer for his precious wife and family.

We love you Jake, Rest In Peace.

View attachment 2871295
I’ve been informed that the family knows and now we here at R2R are able to mourn together the tragic news that the reefing community has lost Jake Adams of ReefBuilders.

I’m at a loss for words as Jake was a very good friend to my family and the R2R community. I had tremendous respect for him and his work and he will be sorely missed.

View attachment 2871295
So sad, what a great guy and mentor to many
035F8BF5-64AB-4E82-91C9-CE645C90100F.jpeg

CLICK TO VIEW
Nutramar Foods

ryans_reeftank

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too! Their channel was the first YouTube channel to get me to actually subscribe. Really enjoyed listening to their differing perspectives and experiences.

I just opened my Facebook during lunch at work and saw the news—still can’t believe it. A young, otherwise healthy person on a plane makes me think it had to be a massive pulmonary embolism. Such a shame…

I hope all the big vendors get together and pick a piece fitting for such a legend with the input of his close friends and family. That would be a truly cool tribute.
Honestly, if you listen to his stuff he hated the name game and the hype. He had a love for science and bringing a piece of the ocean into his studio. If you really want to help preserve his legacy then a Marine Biologist should name a newly discovered coral after him. That scientific name will be preserved forever.

AS

firechild

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, if you listen to his stuff he hated the name game and the hype. He had a love for science and bringing a piece of the ocean into his studio. If you really want to help preserve his legacy then a Marine Biologist should name a newly discovered coral after him. That scientific name will be preserved forever.
I know someone that may be able to do just that. I'll pass on the suggestion.

markbluereef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

View attachment 2871295
Shocking news. Such an inspiration and passionate towards the sea and corals

MiamiAG

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was an avid aquarist and although he is mostly known for his contributions to reefing, he was also involved with the freshwater planted tanks and aquascapes. I had the honor to drive him around in one of the AGA conventions in Florida many years ago.

Rest in peace, Jake.

BRS
Nutramar Foods

A Young reefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it definitely should be some sort of deep water acro, "Dragons" as he called them.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back