Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 12 YO Weimaraner was just diagnosed with high blood pressure. Now she's on a low protein diet with no salt.... Talk about bland food. Problem is there are only a couple out there and of course they are expensive. My 14 YO won't eat dry dog food and eats only the fresh stuff now.... o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Top Shelf Aquatics

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are making me feel better! Our dogs have allergies and we have to feed each one a different type of Blue Buffalo. One of them needs special allergy meds and medicated shampoo on top of the higher cost food. I love those girls, but they are expensive!
Is it a seboria shampoo for the skin? Thats what mine needed when the allergy was really bad. Tried 3 different prescription foods, each costing more than the last before moving on to preparing our own. It was ridiculous money.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 12 YO Weimaraner was just diagnosed with high blood pressure. Now she's on a low protein diet with no salt.... Talk about bland food. Problem is there are only a couple out there and of course they are expensive. My 14 YO won't eat dry dog food and eats only the fresh stuff now.... o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Ugh, I feel for you. The same formula wet food that I feed my dog is $2 a can. Luckily, he eats anything... so I dont have to worry about a picky eater.

Top Shelf Aquatics

siggy

I'm still swimming
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to check out that food, I was doing a sweet potato, Dick Van Patton, yup that,s what happened to him

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just considering that. yes i seen that main ingredients is MEAL . Im doing the salmon, she needs the oils for her skin. I talk to other Lab owners and generally its the skin/ears or the stomach/digestion my dog is fortunate
enough to have botho_O I could probably get her used to something as long as rice is in the mix, if you know what i mean
Yep, mines a Lab too and we’re in the same boat. My vet temoved the largest bladder stone he’s ever seen in 40 years from her. It was bigger than a golf ball. Stomach and skim for the win!

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ingredients:
Lamb, Lamb Meal, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, Peas, Egg Product, Canola Oil, Roasted Lamb, Tomato Pomace, Natural Flavor, Salmon Oil (A Source of DHA), Salt, Choline Chloride, Mixed Tocopherols (A Preservative), Dried Chicory Root, Taurine, Tomatoes, Blueberries, Raspberries, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Animalis Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Reuteri Fermentation Product, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid. Contains a source of live, naturally occurring microorganisms.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (min.) 25.0%
Crude Fat (min.) 15.0%
Crude Fiber (max.) 4.0%
Moisture (max.) 10.0%
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) (min.) 0.05%
Zinc (min.) 150 mg/kg
Selenium (min.) 0.35 mg/kg
Vitamin E (min.) 150 IU/kg
Taurine* (min.) 0.05%
Omega-6 Fatty Acids* (min.) 2.4%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids* (min.) 0.3%
Total Microorganisms* (min.) 80,000,000 CFU/lb. (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium animalis, Lactobacillus reuteri)
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
Thats one of the better lists ive seen. Usually aftet the first two things its all chemicals and fillers.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats one of the better lists ive seen. Usually aftet the first two things its all chemicals and fillers.
That's why I went with that food... No grain fillers and chemicals that the dog can't digest. Yea there's some preservatives in there, but it's way down on the list.

World Wide Corals

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha, reef2canine... I love you guys. Oh, did you know that my clowns have gotten a little food snobbish? They turned their noses up to mysis the other day. All they want is the LRS...
Haha, LRS is the devil in that way. Mine went through that phase too. They get over it fairly quickly when you finally run out!

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, LRS is the devil in that way. Mine went through that phase too. They get over it fairly quickly when you finally run out!
With the tiny little bit I've decided on feeding... They'll have a long time to go before I run out. A few days of not eating what I feed them and they should come around anyway. It's not like they are emaciated anyway, fat little clownfish...

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got a brute can... 44 gallon for $48, tax included. Too bad I have to wait until tomorrow to fill it.

20180308_191825.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dog's breeder told us 3/4 of her dogs were allergic to chicken. Do you know how much chicken is used in dog food and treats? All of it, all the chicken is put in dog food. For the first year I was super cautious and didn't let him have anything with chicken... now, just the other night he had some of my orange chicken and fried rice. I know, not very healthy! He eats everything tho, I have not found anything he will not eat. Hot sauce, pickles, lemons... you name it, he eats it. The hot sauce, vinegar and lemon juice were chewing deterrents... he's got a bit of separation anxiety and chews everything. He has to stay in his crate when I'm gone. Chewing deterrents obviously didn't work, because he eats everything and I didn't want to use anything that could be harmful.
Our Lab is allergic to chicken so she gets the salmon food. Oddly enough, our dog with the severe allergies didn't do well on the salmon food so she gets the chicken.
Is it a seboria shampoo for the skin? Thats what mine needed when the allergy was really bad. Tried 3 different prescription foods, each costing more than the last before moving on to preparing our own. It was ridiculous money.
I'm not sure, we get it from our vet and it is not at all cheap.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pintail...

Divers den had a female/juvenile Hawiian flame wrasse tonight. Im sure it's gone now. Those have gotten hard to find with the Hawaii regulations and all.
Its gone. I was late to the party tonight. NY had a pair on there as well as a couple small Borbonius relatively cheap compared to LA. If theyre still aroud in a couple weeks i know where im shopping. Im about two weeks from water on the new setup.

Avast
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its gone. I was late to the party tonight. NY had a pair on there as well as a couple small Borbonius relatively cheap compared to LA. If theyre still aroud in a couple weeks i know where im shopping. Im about two weeks from water on the new setup.
Wait hold on, new set up?

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, curiosity killed the Turtle...

20180308_195345.jpg

20180308_201711.jpg

But satisfaction brought him back.

Looks, smells and feels just like the mud I used to get stuck between my toes hunting fiddlers in the sea grass.... I'm excited!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aqua SD
Back