TL’s big boy peninsula 385 gal Sps build!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude was a little stressed when I put him in last night.. his color was way better this morning.. he’s about 3-1/2” long..
A6DE8AF6-03BA-4997-A35A-BD7DE7778066.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just swimming back forth on the end all day so far but haven’t seen the sailfin messing with him! That’s good I guess but stressed still.. watching on the pet treat dispenser :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
77DD3D82-FE9E-4AAA-9A3C-AD2785E88CEB.png

Corals.com
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Convict didn’t look well so I pulled him… he’s in his own little tank for now.. wanna make sure he’s eating well and no issues before I put him back in my display.. could have just been shipping stress but we’ll see…

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Convict looked amazing last night! He made his way back into the display only to get harassed by my sailfin… so far the sailfin is the boss of the tank but my hippo is changing that every day lol.. Mr yellow has already had enough and trying to take over himself haha! He got comfy real quick… I have not started dosing the Prazipro as everyone seems fine… guess that’s one of the benefits of heavily feeding a whole variety 5 times a day lol..

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just imagine those are all ATO’s and sumps!
I do too many of those at home! Still wouldn’t make it fun haha!finishing these up now.

IMG_9578.jpeg IMG_9469.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Convict didn’t make it… ugh.. 0-2 now… guess I’ll give up on them unless I find one that somebody is taking their tank down and owned it for a long time.. blue eye white tail hasn’t ate yet but she picks algae off thr over flow.. very active and looks healthy.. got faith in her!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Convict didn’t make it… ugh.. 0-2 now… guess I’ll give up on them unless I find one that somebody is taking their tank down and owned it for a long time.. blue eye white tail hasn’t ate yet but she picks algae off thr over flow.. very active and looks healthy.. got faith in her!
Sucks. Sorry bud.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did some testing yesterday… I must say that huge skimmer is doing its job and then some lol.. I would think my bio load is decent with 13 fish and 6 of them being med size tangs… I feed 4-5 times a day and have nori in my tank24/7…
No3 tested at 5 and my po4 is bottomed out.. stated dosing both yesterday sheesh… not to mention my diamond bar goby flips 50 pounds of sand a day and nothing… :smirking-face:

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update besides the white tail blue eye kole is finally eating nori but showing some slight signs of ich with a few white spots ugh… :rolleyes: Hoping that goes away as the stress levels drop and it’s eating now.. also ordered some brand new Phoenix 14k bulbs for my halides as the ones I’m using are old… can’t wait to see the full potential of these halides since these bulbs I’m using are a couple years old and rocking! Tank should really take off then!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dozed the Prazipro today.. so far so good.. torches and hammers deflated a tad but my Sps got some crazy polyp extension which is really crazy to me! Fish haven’t changed at all so I think I’m good! Hopefully they stop scratching.. I don’t see anything on any of them except the new arrival has a few white spots.. hopefully everything checks out!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good with the Prazipro… possible water change tomorrow and out the skimmer back online after 48 hours according to the fish expert jay! I haven’t changed water since setting this tank up and I can’t get my nutrients to raise so not sure I wanna do that…. Worked on my day off like always at my real job and a few hours when I got home.. finished up this sump for a friend of mine.. removable fuge with adjustable flow, probe holders etc..
IMG_9640.jpeg
IMG_9641.jpeg
IMG_9642.jpeg

Petcrazyson

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good with the Prazipro… possible water change tomorrow and out the skimmer back online after 48 hours according to the fish expert jay! I haven’t changed water since setting this tank up and I can’t get my nutrients to raise so not sure I wanna do that…. Worked on my day off like always at my real job and a few hours when I got home.. finished up this sump for a friend of mine.. removable fuge with adjustable flow, probe holders etc.. View attachment 3122441View attachment 3122442View attachment 3122443
Remember when doing Prazi it lowers the oxygen levels in the tank so it’s always good to have an air stone on hand

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember when doing Prazi it lowers the oxygen levels in the tank so it’s always good to have an air stone on hand
Yeah I got a ginormous skimmer I’m running with the cup off.. my entire sump and display full of micro bubbles lol…. But! :expressionless-face: I noticed it kicked off yesterday! Luckily I was home and able to get it fired back up.. it must have sucked something up in the impeller but all is well now.. hopefully I can get back online today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mellow yellow is super happy now and all his color is back and doing great! He does have some brown fuzz near his spike? Not sure what that’s all about but it looks like I could blow it off or it would fall off if he swam near a wave maker.. it’s like algae or something lol..
IMG_9658.jpeg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaNerd
Back