• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Sexycorals "My Miami chalice" growout..

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
frags1.jpg

Hopefully you guys can tell which is which. There's a frag of meteorshower in between the frags. Like I said, still gotta refrag two of them. I haven't done it yet. I took off work tomorrow and this is my big job for tomorrow :p lol stressin with homework now but I didn't want to leave you guys another day without a pic. If I get enough time tonight then I'll frag though.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything's doing fine guys. The new frags aren't growing a great deal yet, but they're doing well. Waiting is the hardest part! Just thought I'd hit you guys with an update....soon guys.....soooooon :)

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased some large mexican turbo snails to clean up some algae that's growing...I had a dream that they knocked the frags off the plugs and I lost them! That was a nightmare.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So close to finals being over!! I cant wait for today to be done.... 3 weeks then summer..blahh..
How many more days do you have Speg? Are you nearing the finish line?
I won't be done with college until the end of this year...then hopefully I'll have a BA in CJ studies.

but listen...I think these things are fine to go ahead and ship so we should start planning this next part out.

Let me first state a few things...
I have shipped coral before and there has been deaths but over time I've gotten better at all and feel confident in shipping these coral.

There's a total of 5 of us in this growout. I have 8 total frags. 7 of the 8 look good and just one of the 8 doesn't appear to have any eyes as I cut off some flesh. That frag is holding on but I really don't know what it'll do.

I want to ship out 4 frags and keep one and hold on to the additional 3 (realistically 2) and wait to make sure everybody's frags survives shipping and lives before doing anything with the extra eyes. If someone's doesn't survive shipping then we'll have one of the spares to replace it with. Also, don't forget that shipping cost is YOUR responsibility! I can ship either UPS or USPS (cheapest). Fedex isn't at all close to me but I could possibly see about that package pick-up thing they offer, but it's hot here in Florida and it wouldn't be a great idea to leave a package sitting outside my apartment.

I can't promise that you are all going to get the same size piece or as good of a piece as someone else. I also can't promise that you're only going to get 1 eye as some pieces may have multiple eyes or a extra half-eye due to our coral having so many eyes before fragging.

I don't have favorites and there will be no method or selecting which piece someone wants so that there is no complaining about pieces. I don't plan on keeping the best for myself and infact I was going to keep the smallest of the frags (not the one without an eye).

After all of the frags are shipped then we can attempt to do whatever with the extra piece(s) and talk about our next steps.

Now...since this is a democracy...feel free to say if you don't agree with anything or have suggestions/better ideas!

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed the coral last night and they're very happy :)

Umm...so if you guys could, please PM me your address/zipcode and if you have a preference on shipping service provider.

I know you guys gave me your addresses before..but people move and things change...so I want it again (plus I forgot what I did with the last ones).

I'll respond to you all with a shipping quote and my paypal information. Last time I checked, USPS offered free Saturday delivery on express shipping...which is nice for those of us who work during the week.

So please PM me as soon as you all can!

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...you guys should have all received a shipping quote...except Ray since he lives in the woods and USPS won't next-day to him...gonna check with UPS or maybe I can see if a local USPS will hold the package for you until you pick it up...that may work..

Anyways.. some of you can't accept the package this week or finances aren't where they need to be or whatever..that's all fine. Just let me know when you guys are ready for your coral and send me the money for shipping :)

Tyrell and I are going to meet up soon so I can give him his piece since we're both Florida guys...so he's the only lucky one that won't have to pay shipping.......just expensive gas prices :p

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...update...

Extremes just went out today.
Tyrell and I are supposed to meet today hopefully and I can give him his.
Rayz should be going out tomorrow.
Nano is not answering phone calls and I have no idea when he is available to receive a package. lol

OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tyrell got his eye today and gave me a neat little pink BTA. Thanks again.

He had to reglue his piece back on so that may be an issue when you guys get your piece. I thought they had healed enough that they grew onto the plug but they probably only grew onto the glue :p

He also asked about the green rim on his piece. Some of these pieces haven't got their rim back and some have. They're small but they have healed. Just feed them and they'll get that rim back with their growth.

Oh..and I just looked at all the frags 30 minutes ago and every one has tentacles out and ready for food! So feed yours when you get them!

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Speg

Speg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I needed a reason to take Friday off work :} Pretty excited... thanks! Hope we get a chance to meet when I head down to Florida later this year.

Absolutely! I'll actually have a job where I can take paid days off........wow that'll be so awesome :p

Also a quick FYI...Already in talks with some sponsors about the next growout as long as this one goes as planned..so lets all hope!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Frag Farm
Back