*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

wes84

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking real hard about getting a CB purple tang. I already have a yellow, gem, desjardini and blue hippo in my 100 gallon but really like the purple tangs. The blue hippo keeps relocating any loose frag plugs (including a few gonis getting relocated into my euphyllia garden) and even a couple rocks with zoas so i would like to get rid of it, and the desjardini i got from liveaquaria came with lateral line disease so removing that one wouldnt be the end of the world either. But it’s a big investment plus the cost of the other two fish

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking real hard about getting a CB purple tang. I already have a yellow, gem, desjardini and blue hippo in my 100 gallon but really like the purple tangs. The blue hippo keeps relocating any loose frag plugs (including a few gonis getting relocated into my euphyllia garden) and even a couple rocks with zoas so i would like to get rid of it, and the desjardini i got from liveaquaria came with lateral line disease so removing that one wouldnt be the end of the world either. But it’s a big investment plus the cost of the other two fish
That’s a lot of tangs in a relatively small tank. Plus with most of them being zebrasoma tangs I’d be worried about aggression.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had enough to calculate Red Sea and Hanna based on Trident Solution. Came out to this:
Trident Solution:8.95
Red Sea: 8.7
Hanna: 10

Maybe its our tester or the solution. But basically we can still use Hannah but assume that it is 1 number higher than what we think is actual. Will confirm when we get the ICP test back. So we are dosing up some Alk and will have to get the numbers up asap. Thanks for the advice!
I have and love my Hanna alk checker, but once I got a new bottle of reagent and suddenly my checker read considerably higher. Honestly I trust my Red Sea test kit more than any other.

Don’t raise alk too quickly. A large change is likely harder on the corals than the lower alk.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20221225_001559045.jpg

Just finished my auto water changer! Fully automated filling and mixing and pumping I just need to add salt once a week :)

wes84

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a lot of tangs in a relatively small tank. Plus with most of them being zebrasoma tangs I’d be worried about aggression.
I was worried about aggression too but the purple would be the smallest and so far surprisingly i have only had one case of aggression in the tank and that was with my clowns. I had 6 different types of ocellaris and percula clowns and the largest one (the first one i bought) got picked on by all the others. He now lives happily in a colander with two rbtas. I also have 5 lyretail anthias and two turned male at the same time and there is no aggression there. There is also a male dispar and male pink square in the mix and they all play nice together. It’s a 30 x 30 x 30 cube and i keep them well fed.

Special K

Valuable Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have and love my Hanna alk checker, but once I got a new bottle of reagent and suddenly my checker read considerably higher. Honestly I trust my Red Sea test kit more than any other.

Don’t raise alk too quickly. A large change is likely harder on the corals than the lower alk.
This is so true on a new bottle. I was using a bottle that had been open for a bit and got constant readings of 8-8.5 and then when I used a new bottle it was reading 10.1 I was shocked and not sure which to believe

billyocean

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so true on a new bottle. I was using a bottle that had been open for a bit and got constant readings of 8-8.5 and then when I used a new bottle it was reading 10.1 I was shocked and not sure which to believe
Keep the regent in the fridge and shake before each use...gtg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brs told that hanna reagent did in accuracy are being opened for a month or so. They also found that if it's kept in the fridge it doesn't lose accuracy.

stoney7713

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone beware, Shane is sharing the @SBB Corals Crazy Two-Face Fire and Ice Insanity Goni on Facebook in some of the groups. There's going to be competition!
Oh you're in trouble..... I know you want a piece of that for your Goni Island.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back