*SBB Corals*- Games by codybot-End of Year/ New Year!!!! 650 WYSIWYG +100 Auctions!!! Prize, games, Giveaways- $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is everybody's budget for the new year? I think this recession inflation thing is really hurting corals spending budgets? how has it affected yours?
lolbudgetlol.

So I work for a major canning company. If it's got peas, carrots, potatoes, or beans it it, that can probably came from my plant.

I occupy one of the more specialized jobs in the plant, and we're union. The contract gets renegotiated this year, but I expect we'll see the same 4.5% across the board raise per year that we've enjoyed per the collective bargaining agreement.

This week I put 55 hours in. Next week will be 36 plus two holiday. I've already recovered from what I spent on Black Friday...

So, I think the question is, how dang lucky can I get next week on some beautiful scores? I know Mango Tango is on my 'I NEED IT' list.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You goading him?
Who Knows Yes GIF by Bounce

although I do mean it also.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I don't get the torch and hammer thing. The only reason I got that peach tipped hammer was the wife thought it looked pretty, and since the 60 cube is upstairs, she gets to choose things inside it.

For me? I want acros like a bramble patch with fish swimming under, over, and in between the branches.

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone is financially hurting this year. Our numbers are really low and curious if/what kind of raise we will get. Funny, last year they gave us 3%, insurance went up 5% and well, then there is the cost of living i.e..groceries.!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I don't get the torch and hammer thing. The only reason I got that peach tipped hammer was the wife thought it looked pretty, and since the 60 cube is upstairs, she gets to choose things inside it.

For me? I want acros like a bramble patch with fish swimming under, over, and in between the branches.
I have a dream of a 36 bowfront kitted up for a Harlequin file fish with acro and milli brambles on rotation for him to shack on.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's the flow! I love me sticks and the scape they create but euphillia bring the reef alive with their movement and make it seem more dynamic. Plus way easier to bring the colors out lol

Missro

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is everybody's budget for the new year? I think this recession inflation thing is really hurting corals spending budgets? how has it affected yours?
Ours is pretty tight for the next few months at least. We bought a house late this year and that was not on the list of things we had even planned for.. A benefit for sure, but Wake is doing the work himself to put in a new roof and heating/air system plus a few other things(I like to say I help but i think I bother him more than anything..lol). And it just keeps coming with expenses...

But we were lucky enough to buy just right and have a payment much lower than rents here in rual parts of CA. People are renting just rooms for $1,200mo plus utilities and anything else is renting at 2k or more a month without utilities, or to mention any pets considered...Ya can't really hide a 100+ gallon reef tank...and we'd be homeless before we got rid of the dog. But we always seem to find a little cash for the corals....

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours is pretty tight for the next few months at least. We bought a house late this year and that was not on the list of things we had even planned for.. A benefit for sure, but Wake is doing the work himself to put in a new roof and heating/air system plus a few other things(I like to say I help but i think I bother him more than anything..lol). And it just keeps coming with expenses...

But we were lucky enough to buy just right and have a payment much lower than rents here in rual parts of CA. People are renting just rooms for $1,200mo plus utilities and anything else is renting at 2k or more a month without utilities, or to mention any pets considered...Ya can't really hide a 100+ gallon reef tank...and we'd be homeless before we got rid of the dog. But we always seem to find a little cash for the corals....
The cost of home renovations definitely add up quick. I bought my house and completely stripped and rebuilt it.
My dad and I did all of the work, and at times I would’ve loved for my wife to help out or at least show some interest.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure? That sounds awful scary and expensive to me.
Honestly yes I’m sure. Rebuilding a house in my free time took years and she would often get mad because I spent all of my spare time at the house being renovated. She would also get mad that I wasn’t getting it done quick enough, so I couldn’t win. If she would’ve been more involved it would’ve saved a lot of fighting.
My wife is actually really cheap so it wouldn’t have cost any more than it already did.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly yes I’m sure. Rebuilding a house in my free time took years and she would often get mad because I spent all of my spare time at the house being renovated. She would also get mad that I wasn’t getting it done quick enough, so I couldn’t win. If she would’ve been more involved it would’ve saved a lot of fighting.
My wife is actually really cheap so it wouldn’t have cost any more than it already did.
my bigger concern would have been changing her mind after you did exactly what she asked. It is the bane of my existnce.

I tell my friends, if you really want to test the strength of your marriage, do a home reno together.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SBB Corals is quickly becoming one of my favorite vendors. Super healthy corals that have been doing well for me. Wish I could participate in this one too, but I'm all out of money!

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+23 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
SBB Corals is quickly becoming one of my favorite vendors. Super healthy corals that have been doing well for me. Wish I could participate in this one too, but I'm all out of money!

Winner Winner $25 GC thank you for participating in this thread :) Please message us for your GC

winner GIF

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back