Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with the Myers-Briggs assessment and others like it is that I do not think people are completely honest taking them. Mostly because many people cannot be completely honest with themselves.
I agree completely, which is why the discussion means more to me (especially at a personal level) than any one specific result!

Top Shelf Aquatics

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The problem with the Myers-Briggs assessment and others like it is that I do not think people are completely honest taking them. Mostly because many people cannot be completely honest with themselves.
...in a good-sort-of way like it makes sense or in a bad-sort-of way like a warning?
Due to my interest in personality types, I find it interesting to know what other people's types are, although I still firmly believe you should not put too much stock in it, especially if you've only taken a handful of such tests.
I laughed at the results, handed them to my wife, and said look at this nonsense! She read it, threw it at me and started crying. She said "You already don't spend enough time at home, I can't let you go 'play' more!".

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the Meyers-Briggs and gave the results to my wife. She cried.
This is good, very good. I’m thinking the results were not good. You can now remind her of the test results whenever you tell her you want more reefing or shooting stuff.

Corals.com

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, sometimes. I think it depends on application. Accusing my fellow workers who spend their time in the fabrication shop does not get me very far, while I may more often accuse myself with this saying and find benefit from it. I know it's a personal opinion...

I've noticed you seem to understand me! As you get to know me, my personality becomes quite predictable in some ways. Think text-book Myers-Briggs INFJ (not namby-pamby "I want to be INFJ 'cause its rare and seems cool!"; any real INFJ knows better), for what it's worth. Personality types are a whole discussion more to deeply derail Lost's thread, unless he wants us to go there! I'd better move back to my own thread before I just continue to prove my "TLDR" tendencies...
Infj here too.
It is clinically accepted as an assessment as far as I'm led to believe though.

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Infj here too.
I've been suspecting it!

If the person taking the test is as honest as possible in answering the questions and the use of the results is handled properly, I think the tests can be useful. If taken too lightly or too seriously, effects can be disastrous. These tests should be a tool to help understand oneself, not a set of guidelines to dictate who you are, at least as I understand and apply them.

What means more to me in personality study is not about the exact test results, but more about understanding what descriptions of the personality type resonate with you. Regardless of my type, there are many points in the general description of INFJ that resonate deeply with me in ways that I cannot seem to put into words that others can understand. It does not define me, but it has helped me be able to share with others who I am or, maybe more importantly, how I see myself and shape my worldview.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is news to me. A clinical assessment of what and by whom is it accepted? (Not trying to be snarky)

AquaCave Logo Banner

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is news to me. A clinical assessment of what and by whom is it accepted? (Not trying to be snarky)
Psychological assessment of personality. I'm guessing the American psychological association. But that's not my wheel house.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been suspecting it!

If the person taking the test is as honest as possible in answering the questions and the use of the results is handled properly, I think the tests can be useful. If taken too lightly or too seriously, effects can be disastrous. These tests should be a tool to help understand oneself, not a set of guidelines to dictate who you are, at least as I understand and apply them.

What means more to me in personality study is not about the exact test results, but more about understanding what descriptions of the personality type resonate with you. Regardless of my type, there are many points in the general description of INFJ that resonate deeply with me in ways that I cannot seem to put into words that others can understand. It does not define me, but it has helped me be able to share with others who I am or, maybe more importantly, how I see myself and shape my worldview.
Truth. As with most things there is some fungibility to it and can be abused.

Nutramar Foods

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Psychological assessment of personality. I'm guessing the American psychological association. But that's not my wheel house.
It is neither a clinical nor diagnostic assessment. Might a psychologist use it, yes, but not for clinical or diagnostic purposes. However, I would run away, as fast as possible, from any psychologist who used it.

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IT is neither a clinical nor diagnostic assessment. Might a psychologist use it, yes, but not for clinical or diagnostic purposes. However, I would run away, as fast as possible, from any psychologist who used it.
I just try to run away from psychologists... Normally I'm all about sitting on a couch. When a psychologist is around....
vivica a fox therapy GIF by Face The Truth

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's okay I just forgot the Myers-Briggs thing. Personality types right?
Maybe rather: one method that attempts to define personality types.
...now ya keep drawing me back in. See y'all tomorrow when the derailment heads in a direction the cronies tend to prefer as a whole!

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back