Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what happened? I tuned in but I think it was just a chat. I could've listened had it been a video but I couldn't watch the chat.

short and sweet. He’s engaged set to marry in August. They bought their dream home by the Mississippi River. Time for new scenery.

Corals.com
OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
short and sweet. He’s engaged set to marry in August. They bought their dream home by the Mississippi River. Time for new scenery.
Wow. So he is leaving. Good for him on the new adventure! I tuned in again and see there is a video. I must've been early and it was just the chat going. Will there be a Randy 2.0?

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. So he is leaving. Good for him on the new adventure! I tuned in again and see there is a video. I must've been early and it was just the chat going. Will there be a Randy 2.0?
My Randy 2.0 vote would be Thomas. His personality is fantastic.

Not an IT guy

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add. He is ex military and is joining that AR channel for introduction to the AR line for beginners. But yes. After today no longer at BRS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add. He is ex military and is join that AR channel for introduction to the AR line for beginners. But yes. After today no longer at BRS.
I saw something on the chat about Randy being ex military. At first I thought he was leaving to join the fight in Ukraine. That was before I read your comment here.

CLICK TO VIEW

Lyss

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few interesting takeaways for me watching that. Biggest was that I was surprised he doesn’t have a tank at home now and won’t be staying in the hobby short-term. For some reason I had my own interpretation of these guys all living the dream of hobby + livelihood merged vs. it being a regular day job.

From what I saw, it was a nice conversation.

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few interesting takeaways for me watching that. Biggest was that I was surprised he doesn’t have a tank at home now and won’t be staying in the hobby short-term. For some reason I had my own interpretation of these guys all living the dream of hobby + livelihood merged vs. it being a regular day job.

From what I saw, it was a nice conversation.
That's interesting. I thought the same thing (hobby + livelihood). I'm bummed I missed it. When I tuned in there was just the live chat going so I thought that was it. I guess they were a bit late starting the actual video. I should've waited a bit longer. By the time I came back I had missed it. Haha. I guess he'll be living the dream on the banks of the Mississippi River now. :)

Porpoise Hork

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS
OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy is going to have his work cut out for him; that channel hasnt produced content in 5 months. Before that it was just install videos. Best of luck enjoyed him on BRS. As someone who enjoys both hobbies I am curious what they do with the AT3 stuff.
After finding out he's ex military I can totally see that channel being in his wheelhouse and is obviously a natural transition it's just so different. It's like he said in his msg.... The quiet tranquility of reef keeping to the pew pew of rifles. :) The BRS videos were usually always so light hearted. It will be interesting to see what style he adopts. :)

Cjeippert

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After finding out he's ex military I can totally see that channel being in his wheelhouse and is obviously a natural transition it's just so different. It's like he said in his msg.... The quiet tranquility of reef keeping to the pew pew of rifles. :) The BRS videos were usually always so light hearted. It will be interesting to see what style he adopts. :)

Top Shelf Aquatics

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will miss him but have appreciated he and Ryan together in so many videos. They have helped me learn a lot about equipment choices and such.

OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will miss him but have appreciated he and Ryan together in so many videos. They have helped me learn a lot about equipment choices and such.
It's like the end of an era has dawned. I haven't even been in saltwater that long and I feel that way. I think they should do a "best of Randy" video as his swan song especially if there are outtakes. I bet that would be hilarious.

Wasabiroot

FW Convert and now Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully he shoots some old tanks full of water!!!! In super slow motion!!!!
steve austin nod GIF by WWE
Idk why but the gif is perfect for this.

Nutramar Foods
Corals.com
OP
OP
Karen00

Karen00

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand that guy straight up left Montana and showed up at BRS and basically demanded a job there lol... Interesting the change of heart.
Why would anyone leave Montana? :) As a Canadian who grew up in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta I don't get it. It looks so beautiful there. :) I would love to have 200 acres there. That is an interesting story if it's true but it's amazing how quickly people's life goals change. He's swapping saltwater to freshwater of the good ole Mississippi. :)

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would anyone leave Montana? :) As a Canadian who grew up in the Rocky Mountains of Alberta I don't get it. It looks so beautiful there. :) I would love to have 200 acres there. That is an interesting story if it's true but it's amazing how quickly people's life goals change. He's swapping saltwater to freshwater of the good ole Mississippi. :)
I could give you two reasons and they wouldn't be digits on the thermometer. ;)

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Zoanthids.com
Back