Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Always need more AB+ or Apex Tridant reagents.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time working on my tanks or outside
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? GreenBay Packers and working on my house.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Cook a great meal and eat while watching my fish.
  6. Do you collect anything? Corals and fish, Packer memorabilia and Drums.
  7. What is your favorite color? Orange
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Anything from Marvel or Star Trek and Star Wars
  9. What type of music do you listen to? I am very eclectic, rock to classical.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Baylor Bears and Packers
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My Duncans flowing in the water.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Its my own little water garden and farm...watching things grow.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? YES If yes, what would you be interested in? I love Zoas and softies. I am just starting to get SPS. Wrasses are my favorite fish.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Shipping livestock would make me very very nervous.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
What country are you located in? US
What is one thing you always need more of? Ati-icp test kits, dark chocolate
What do you like to do on the weekends? Read books, pretend I don't exist
What are your other hobbies/interests? Books, my dog
How do you relax after a long day at work? Read a book, drink a glass of wine, hang out with my dog & husband
Do you collect anything? Bones, tattoos
What is your favorite color? Gray
What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Fringe
What type of music do you listen to? Old school Punk rock
Do you follow any sports teams? No
What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Everything during feeding
What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Progress
Would you be interested in receiving livestock? No, gift cards sound safer tbh
If yes, what would you be interested in?
Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* would rather do gc so they can order once temps & shipping are sorted
Fair warning, If by some miracle of God I get you, I will be sending nothing but hand curated cases of Southern California's best craft brews.

AquaCave Logo Banner

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Fair warning, If by some miracle of God I get you, I will be sending nothing but hand curated cases of Southern California's best craft brews.
I won't complain!

Dimmy007

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Fish food
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Work
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Golf
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? PlayStation
  6. Do you collect anything? No
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Walking dead
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Classic rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Packers
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Yellow tang
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? The evolution of the tank
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes anything
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Secret Santa Questionnaire: Lost in the Sauce
What country are you located in?
'Merica
What is one thing you always need more of?
Patience, Nori, Hanna Alk reagent, copper reagent
What do you like to do on the weekends?
Saturday morning is tank clean/wc days, BBQ (or what my kids call it, burning meat) (Yes we are taking it as a compliment)
What are your other hobbies/interests?
Indoor Gardening, Woodworking
How do you relax after a long day at work?
In my shop with music going.
Do you collect anything?
burlap sacks from cannabis shipping operations around the world.
What is your favorite color?
Purple
What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
Schitts creek
What type of music do you listen to?
So cal reggae, edm, country
Do you follow any sports teams?
How bout dem BOYS!
What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
Torch Island in the 180, Sherman in the anenome tank
What gets you excited in the reef hobby?
Results #1.
Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in?
Sure. I'm a mushroom collector and do love me some acans
Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I could ship

AS

Smirkish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What country are you located in? The United States.
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coffee (and creamer!) Phyto. ;Greedy Coral.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Play catch-up on here. Tank maintenance. Yard work. Smoke meat. Read. Play with the kids and dogs in the yard. Doodle. Visit family. Wander/roam/walkabout.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Reading, cooking, drawing, writing, painting, gardening. Art, music, science, dancing, cars and bikes, woodworking, animals (not just the reef variety), literature, films, this list is too long but feel free to ask!
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Long, hot shower, cold beverage, loud music.
  6. Do you collect anything? Old books. Orchids. Ferns. Weird pots. Rocks. Whatever catches my eye.
  7. What is your favorite color? It changes. Currently it’s green.
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Schitt’s Creek or Fantasia 2000.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Almost every kind. An Endless variety.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Several, but none consistently. I watch football if the team is one I care about, and I also enjoy golf and basketball. Some tennis.
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The way everything changes throughout the day. Growth.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Ingenuity. Color.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? I would, but definitely would need a heads up. A surprise would be welcomed (to a degree), but I am looking for more LPS, softies and NPS.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes. It would be through a trusted vendor, if so.

JXNATC

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View attachment 2406450
Ho! Ho! Ho!! Let's get this party started!! It's our 2021 Secret Santa for Reef2Reef!!

Those of you who've joined us before know how much fun this will be, and for those of you joining us for the first time, you're in for a treat! This is going to be a great time to spread Christmas joy!!

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that thing you really want for your reef hobby... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
  • Requirements to participate:
    • At least 18 years of age (only exceptions to this will be participants who have been part of our Secret Santa before)
    • At least 14 days as a member of R2R
    • At least 10 posts on R2R
  • Gift requirement: AT LEAST $25 value and a splash of Christmas joy! (more on this below)
  • As you sign up, you'll get a link to the gift exchange on Elfster (it's the Secret Santa exchange website/app that we use to organize the gift exchange) where you'll need to register and create your own wishlist for your Secret Santa.*
  • Secret Santas will be assigned in batches of 75 (so we'll be monitoring this number as you guys sign up). The final matchup will take place on November 21st for those who aren't matched before then.
  • Buy or make gifts and ship them by December 4, 2021.
  • Delivery tracking is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus and/or updated in Elfster.
  • International Participation: This year's Secret Santa will have 3 groups for those outside the US: 1) Canadian participants, 2) European participants, and 3) other international participants. While we wish that we had enough international participation to allow all participants to only send to members within their own country, that simply isn't feasible, so please be aware of the possibility that you may need to ship internationally to participate outside the US or Canada.
Here are a few guidelines for this year:
  1. Please, PLEASE, be sure your R2R username is entered on your Elfster profile as your nickname. This really does help your Secret Santa to find you on Reef2Reef and get better gift giving ideas.
  2. This is an event that is meant to spread Christmas joy, so we're asking all participants to try to make this special for whoever you receive. While we realize that this may look different for everyone, we're asking participants to avoid sending $25 e-gift cards as your only gift.
  3. All participants MUST make a post or send a message acknowledging their gift and thanking whoever their Secret Santa is. Most of you do this anyway, so I don't think it's a problem to ask. However, due to some situations we've run into before, we're making this a requirement this year. We'll start a Thank You thread specifically for this and link it here.
  4. About Elfster wishlists: We ask that you be conscious of the fact that the minimum gift amount of $25 should be the "expected" amount for your gift. Therefore, put at least 5 or 6 items that fall into that amount. No Secret Santa should feel obligated to give more than the $25 amount (though you are certainly welcome to give more). More about wishlists is included below.
  5. Your gift MUST be sent by December 4th. Now, we realize things can happen, and we're always willing to work with participants. However, if your gift has not been shipped and confirmation/tracking info sent to Santa by December 11, 2021, you may be banned from participating in future Secret Santa exchanges on Reef2Reef.
  6. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in not being allowed future participation in Secret Santa gift exchanges. (We're really not expecting to remove anyone, but we do reserve the right to do so if a participant does not engage in the spirit of this gift exchange.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special Secret Santa banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to do these 2 things (PLEASE DO BOTH):
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  2. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
  1. What country are you located in?
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work?
  6. Do you collect anything?
  7. What is your favorite color?
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby?
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in?
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
At this time, we are unable to guarantee matching users based on a preference for shipping coral. If shipping coral we ask that you notify @Santa Claus via PM when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to receive it. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

*A note on creating your Elfster wish list. Our minimum gift amount is $25, and you shouldn't expect more than that to be spent on a gift. HOWEVER, please feel free to throw anything you'd like on that list. I find it's fun for folks to list out even those crazy expensive things they'd like, so put that new 300-gallon custom tank on there! LOL No harm in dreaming! Go wild! Also, as you look at the wish list created by your recipient, don't be alarmed if there are items on there you won't be able to buy them. Please don't feel obligated to spend more than you planned. Remember, it's a "wish list," and there's no harm in their wishing. :) While it's great to be generous, your recipient isn't expecting you to give more than the minimum. From experience, I know that your gift (whatever it may be) will bring joy because of the thought and kindness that goes into it.

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps!

[HASH=10250]#R2RSecretSanta[/HASH]
  1. What country are you located in? UNITED STATES
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? TIME!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? GO TO THE OFFICE; XBOX
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? VIDEO GAMING; MOVIES
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? TV
  6. Do you collect anything? COMICS; CLERKS MEMORABILIA
  7. What is your favorite color? GREEN
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? STAR WARS
  9. What type of music do you listen to? ROCK
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? THE FISH IN THE WATER COLUMN WHEN IT'S WET. THE TANK'S NOT WET YET.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? COLORS
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? NOT YET
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* PROBABLY NOT

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? DI resin
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? As little as possible
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? tie dye, coloring, cooking, house plants/gardening, target practice
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? zone out in front of my tank or snuggle my dog
  6. Do you collect anything? 9mm rds
  7. What is your favorite color? Purple
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Charlie and the chocolate factory
  9. What type of music do you listen to? A little bit of everything
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The fish acting naturally after they think you aren’t watching anymore.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Live rock shipments and new coral
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? No If yes, what would you be interested in?
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No

AquaCave Logo Banner

Uncle_Matthew

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Reef Roids
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Maintain and Watch my tanks
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Restoring Classic Chevy's
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watch my fish swim around
  6. Do you collect anything? Old Military Stuff
  7. What is your favorite color? Green or Red I go back and forth
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Lost
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Classic Rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Nope
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My clowns stocking any food I give them
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Experimenting with new and unknown areas
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Uh GC would be better my postman will turn around in cold weather my driveways a bit scary for him
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Again GC would probably be better we don't know everyone's situation

Magic City Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What country are you located in? USA (Miami, FL)
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Polyester Filter Fiber (Poly-Fil)
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Spend time with my family at a sandbar on the boat and occasionally take the kids to Disney World.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Boating
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? a glass of scotch or craft beer, watching TV and/or clean/scrape my tank glass
  6. Do you collect anything? aside from corals, just memories
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Scarface
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Mostly EDM but I listen to a little bit of everything.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Miami Dolphins, unfortunately
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? When the blues transition to moonlight and how everything from fish to corals respond to the lighting changes.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? I get excited when I nurse a coral back to life or notice a growth spurt.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, anything. I have a mixed reef. For some reason, I struggle the most with Zoas.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I'd be open to it if I found a good deal that I think someone might really enjoy.

Squeaky McMurdo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Snacks!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Veg out
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Horses, goats, and dogs
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I don’t understand the question. What is this thing “relax?”
  6. Do you collect anything? Animals, apparently
  7. What is your favorite color? Turquoise
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Heartland
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Pop, Country
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Hermit crabs
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Balance
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Just low maintenance tank weeds or clean-up crew. I wouldn’t say no to more crabs.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No

AquaCave Logo Banner

Reefer.Lee

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? fish food, regents, salt
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? work on my fish tanks and Paint
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I Love to paint uv reef art!
  6. Do you collect anything? I love Sea Turtles and Jellies
  7. What is your favorite color? Purple
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Hocus Pocus
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Country, Rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Nope
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My Torches
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Growth
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, any softies or LPS.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes
Had a great time with this last year!!

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi everyone!! I'm finishing my final checks before the first draw this morning. There's a lot of coordinating that goes into this. Some of the things I always try to check is to be sure everyone is registered in this thread, has been badged for this year's Secret Santa (which means you're in our user group to receive PMs and alerts sent out about the exchange), and registered on Elfster.

Please help me out by making sure you are registered on Elfster for this year's gift exchange. (If you are not, then you won't be matched to anyone because that's where the matching happens.) PM me if you aren't and we'll get you set. [HASH=10250]#R2RSecretSanta[/HASH]

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Looks like a we have smaller group this year? Last year we were at 355, it looks like around 110 on Elfster right now. I hope there are not 200 people making you pull your hair out.
Thank you, @Santa Claus , for taking on this task. It is a big undertaking and I want to share my personal appreciation for giving of your personal time to make this happen.
Rock On Reaction GIF

Top Shelf Aquatics

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Snacks!
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Veg out
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Horses, goats, and dogs
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I don’t understand the question. What is this thing “relax?”
  6. Do you collect anything? Animals, apparently
  7. What is your favorite color? Turquoise
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Heartland
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Pop, Country
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Hermit crabs
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Balance
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Just low maintenance tank weeds or clean-up crew. I wouldn’t say no to more crabs.
You had me at goats.
goat falling GIF

Klx110ripper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Happy Holidays!!
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Fragging equipment, Hanna reagents, Frag Racks. I love anything that makes reefing simpler and is a cool design. All this new 3D print items are very cool IMO.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Work in barn. Water Changes and tank M
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Off-road racing, 4 wheeling, wood working
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Working on the fish tank is relaxing
  6. Do you collect anything? Lots and Lots of coral lol
  7. What is your favorite color? Orange or Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Office or the original Fast and the furious
  9. What type of music do you listen to? A little bit of everything. But mostly country
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Sadly, I'm a lions fan. Cant chose where you are from I guess lol
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Goni's, i have a new goni obsession
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Progress, Love seeing happy fish and coral and watching them grow
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? No, Gift card if you are wanting to supply live stock
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* No, Gift card if you are wanting to supply live stock

World Wide Corals

ricksmithsdca

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View attachment 2406450
Ho! Ho! Ho!! Let's get this party started!! It's our 2021 Secret Santa for Reef2Reef!!

Those of you who've joined us before know how much fun this will be, and for those of you joining us for the first time, you're in for a treat! This is going to be a great time to spread Christmas joy!!

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that thing you really want for your reef hobby... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
  • Requirements to participate:
    • At least 18 years of age (only exceptions to this will be participants who have been part of our Secret Santa before)
    • At least 14 days as a member of R2R
    • At least 10 posts on R2R
  • Gift requirement: AT LEAST $25 value and a splash of Christmas joy! (more on this below)
  • As you sign up, you'll get a link to the gift exchange on Elfster (it's the Secret Santa exchange website/app that we use to organize the gift exchange) where you'll need to register and create your own wishlist for your Secret Santa.*
  • Secret Santas will be assigned in batches of 75 (so we'll be monitoring this number as you guys sign up). The final matchup will take place on November 21st for those who aren't matched before then.
  • Buy or make gifts and ship them by December 4, 2021.
  • Delivery tracking is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus and/or updated in Elfster.
  • International Participation: This year's Secret Santa will have 3 groups for those outside the US: 1) Canadian participants, 2) European participants, and 3) other international participants. While we wish that we had enough international participation to allow all participants to only send to members within their own country, that simply isn't feasible, so please be aware of the possibility that you may need to ship internationally to participate outside the US or Canada.
Here are a few guidelines for this year:
  1. Please, PLEASE, be sure your R2R username is entered on your Elfster profile as your nickname. This really does help your Secret Santa to find you on Reef2Reef and get better gift giving ideas.
  2. This is an event that is meant to spread Christmas joy, so we're asking all participants to try to make this special for whoever you receive. While we realize that this may look different for everyone, we're asking participants to avoid sending $25 e-gift cards as your only gift.
  3. All participants MUST make a post or send a message acknowledging their gift and thanking whoever their Secret Santa is. Most of you do this anyway, so I don't think it's a problem to ask. However, due to some situations we've run into before, we're making this a requirement this year. We'll start a Thank You thread specifically for this and link it here.
  4. About Elfster wishlists: We ask that you be conscious of the fact that the minimum gift amount of $25 should be the "expected" amount for your gift. Therefore, put at least 5 or 6 items that fall into that amount. No Secret Santa should feel obligated to give more than the $25 amount (though you are certainly welcome to give more). More about wishlists is included below.
  5. Your gift MUST be sent by December 4th. Now, we realize things can happen, and we're always willing to work with participants. However, if your gift has not been shipped and confirmation/tracking info sent to Santa by December 11, 2021, you may be banned from participating in future Secret Santa exchanges on Reef2Reef.
  6. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in not being allowed future participation in Secret Santa gift exchanges. (We're really not expecting to remove anyone, but we do reserve the right to do so if a participant does not engage in the spirit of this gift exchange.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special Secret Santa banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to do these 2 things (PLEASE DO BOTH):
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  2. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
  1. What country are you located in?
  2. What is one thing you always need more of?
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends?
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
  6. Do you collect anything?
  7. What is your favorite color?
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby?
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in?
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
At this time, we are unable to guarantee matching users based on a preference for shipping coral. If shipping coral we ask that you notify @Santa Claus via PM when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to receive it. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

*A note on creating your Elfster wish list. Our minimum gift amount is $25, and you shouldn't expect more than that to be spent on a gift. HOWEVER, please feel free to throw anything you'd like on that list. I find it's fun for folks to list out even those crazy expensive things they'd like, so put that new 300-gallon custom tank on there! LOL No harm in dreaming! Go wild! Also, as you look at the wish list created by your recipient, don't be alarmed if there are items on there you won't be able to buy them. Please don't feel obligated to spend more than you planned. Remember, it's a "wish list," and there's no harm in their wishing. :) While it's great to be generous, your recipient isn't expecting you to give more than the minimum. From experience, I know that your gift (whatever it may be) will bring joy because of the thought and kindness that goes into it.

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps!

[HASH=10250]#R2RSecretSanta[/HASH]
  1. What country are you located in? San Diego, CA, USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Fish Food
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Movies, Coffee, home repair/remodel, yard work
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Nintendo Switch, Oculus Quest 2 (Video Games)
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Television, read science fiction books, comics
  6. Do you collect anything? NO
  7. What is your favorite color? BLUE (Surprised huh?)
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Anything Marvel or DC
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Pop, Electronic, Modern Rock
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? NO
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My torches waving in the current.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Seeing things grow and thrive
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? YES. Something reef safe. I already have a Yellow Tang, Bristletooth Tang, 6 Line Wrasse, Cataline Goby, two clowns, and a Royal Gramma in my home display tank. I have a 20g at my office that only has a Royal Gramma. I am open to options for this tank (including a CUC!).
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* YES. I would also be willing to send a card with a picture of their gift and delay shipping until after the holiday (I am hearing that's a good option this year).

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Kinetics
Back