im too young
"stranger danger" or whatever :(
im so mad/sad :(

IMG_7490.jpeg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Bumping this up for more participants!! Maybe we should tag some folks in here!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
still sad tho, that I couldn't participate in such a cool thing :(
Sorry, bud. It really is a liability thing on our end. We can't facilitate the sharing of a minor's personal information. It simply isn't something we can allow. I hope you understand. We'll be really glad for you to participate later on.

In the meantime, feel free to participate in the other stuff we have going on!

stewy14

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry, bud. It really is a liability thing on our end. We can't facilitate the sharing of a minor's personal information. It simply isn't something we can allow. I hope you understand. We'll be really glad for you to participate later on.

In the meantime, feel free to participate in the other stuff we have going on!
I do undersgtand that, and I think it's very good that you guys are doing this! deep down, im fine with it! its just the outside im showing, im not mad at anybody, im just sad :D

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am so very excited this wonderful event has returned.

SECRET SANTA QUESTIONNAIRE
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? time
  3. What are your other hobbies/interests? newlywed and became my mother's full-time caregiver this past year, in addition to working full time and studying for my real-estate license - need a better retirement plan than work until I die (wink) and I'm hoping real-estate license helps my future
  4. How do you like to spend your free time, whether it's relaxing after work or on the weekends? reading or movies, lately been on a comedy (movies) or sci-fi/fantasy (movies & books). Already pre-ordered the next Rebecca Yarros book as I'm wearing out the pages re-reading Fourth Wing and Iron Flame.
  5. Do you have any dietary restrictions or preferences if your Santa wants to send a treat? Love nuts and love chocolate. Love chocolate with nuts. Prefer milk chocolate over dark chocolate.
  6. What’s your favorite candy or snack, either from your childhood or something you love to munch on now? brazil nuts
  7. What’s your favorite holiday tradition? spending time with family
  8. Do you collect anything? no
  9. What's your favorite color? pink
  10. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XXL
  11. What's one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Dodgeball, Old School, Office Space, Princess Bride, Game of Thrones, Twilight, Harry Potter
  12. What type of music do you listen to? rock and alternative rock
  13. Do you enjoy reading? If so, what types of books do you like? SciFi & Fantasy
  14. Do you play any games (board games, video games, card games, etc.)? If yes, what are your favorites? I do but I haven't because of my mom's blindness and physical limitations, so I feel bad leaving her out of family games, but we've stopped...
  15. Are you a fan of any sports teams? stopped following due to lack of time
  16. What’s something interesting about you that most people on R2R don’t know?
  17. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? under a palm tree with a soft, salty warm breeze and fish in clear water nearby
  18. What’s one item on your bucket list?
  19. Do you have any pets besides your reef tank? Tell us about them! cat
  20. What's your favorite fish? tie: copperband butterfly fish and my tiny orange spotted blue file fish pair
  21. Favorite coral? .... today going with my rainbow infusion zoas, but I know there are more colorful ones for someday
  22. Favorite invert? god bless bergia for eating aiptasia...
  23. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Yes I have build thread(s) and my two primary tanks are 180 gallon mixed reef and 60 gallon FOWLR. My mom's neurosurgery is finally almost here, and I'm hopeful I will get enough spare time to resume some of my supplemental tanks (PODS!)
  24. Do you have any planned upgrades or tweaks you’d like to make to your tank(s)? I think about replacing my FOWLR with a larger tank with better designed and larger sump
  25. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? tie: copperband butterfly fish and my tiny orange spotted blue file fish pair
  26. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I'm more a fish person than corals, but I love meeting and helping other hobbyists
  27. What are some good gift ideas for you? (Some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) I am much better at giving than I am at getting, but I love whatever I'm given so I'll just apologize in advance I have no idea... though you can't go wrong with a bottle of PNS ProBio but whatever I'm given I will be excited and grateful
  28. If you had to choose, would you rather receive something handmade or something store-bought? either
  29. Are there any specific brands or reef products you love or prefer? love everything
  30. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock
  31. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.)

Last edited:

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coral glue
  3. What are your other hobbies/interests? Houseplants/Succulents
  4. How do you like to spend your free time, whether it's relaxing after work or on the weekends? Usually just hanging out with my 9 year old daughter
  5. Do you have any dietary restrictions or preferences if your Santa wants to send a treat? No
  6. What’s your favorite candy or snack, either from your childhood or something you love to munch on now? Anyone else remember that ribbon candy that was sold every Christmas?
  7. What’s your favorite holiday tradition? Taking my daughter to see lights on Christmas Eve
  8. Do you collect anything? Corals, Unusual Plants
  9. What's your favorite color? Moss green
  10. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? I love fun socks!
  11. What's one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Not the same one over & over, but I’m always looking for new documentaries.
  12. What type of music do you listen to? I’m not as cool as I used to be, there was a time I was out at concerts every weekend. Now I just flip through the radio stations.
  13. Do you enjoy reading? If so, what types of books do you like? No
  14. Do you play any games (board games, video games, card games, etc.)? If yes, what are your favorites? No
  15. Are you a fan of any sports teams? No
  16. What’s something interesting about you that most people on R2R don’t know? This is my 6th R2R Secret Santa exchange.
  17. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? Ireland
  18. What’s one item on your bucket list? I would love to have a bigger tank one day. Long and shallow.
  19. Do you have any pets besides your reef tank? Tell us about them! No
  20. What's your favorite fish? Clown
  21. Favorite coral? The one thing I will splurge on is high-end trachys, I have had a few beautiful ones over the years, but lost them all recently to a dino infestation. I’m going to start collecting again when I can. I love Acanthos too, but my current one is taking over the tank.
  22. Favorite invert? Starfish
  23. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? IM 40L, I do have a build thread!
  24. Do you have any planned upgrades or tweaks you’d like to make to your tank(s)? No, but I’m close to the 3 year mark on most of my equipment, so I’m sure a lot will need to be replaced soon.
  25. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Coral movement
  26. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I really like rock/coral composition. My tank is like art to me.
  27. What are some good gift ideas for you? (Some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Anything for the tank (my husband is tired of buying aquarium related stuff for me). Reef Art.
  28. If you had to choose, would you rather receive something handmade or something store-bought? Both are great. I have received a couple of really cool art pieces from the R2R Secret Santas over the years, and they are really fun!
  29. Are there any specific brands or reef products you love or prefer? I like Brightwell, but I am open to suggestions from other reefers about what products work for them.
  30. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock. Maybe. I have a small tank, so I have to be pretty selective. I always have room for cool acans or zoas.

Last edited:

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Storage space! Miniature Milk Bones for the dogs.
  3. What are your other hobbies/interests? Woodworking, gardening
  4. How do you like to spend your free time, whether it's relaxing after work or on the weekends? Puttering around in my shop, working on my tanks, reading.
  5. Do you have any dietary restrictions or preferences if your Santa wants to send a treat? nope
  6. What’s your favorite candy or snack, either from your childhood or something you love to munch on now? Anything peanut
  7. What’s your favorite holiday tradition? My wife and I cook a pound of bacon in the morning on Thanksgiving and Christmas... It's gone by lunchtime! Also, I like to decorate the yard starting right after Halloween. I do a lot, so it takes a couple weeks.
  8. Do you collect anything? Not really, I love pocket knives and have quite a few, though
  9. What's your favorite color? Magenta
  10. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? never wear t-shirts, just so bloody uncomfortable! 3x or 4x everything else (my wife tells me all my cloths are too big. I don't care because at my age I dress for comfort, not looks!)
  11. What's one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Polar Express
  12. What type of music do you listen to? Smooth Jazz
  13. Do you enjoy reading? If so, what types of books do you like? I love to read. Dean Koontz and Preston & Child are my favorite authors.
  14. Do you play any games (board games, video games, card games, etc.)? If yes, what are your favorites? No, used to like Chess, no one to play with now.
  15. Are you a fan of any sports teams? No
  16. What’s something interesting about you that most people on R2R don’t know? I plan on retiring by the end of the year (maybe sooner) taking the winter off, hopefully fixing up my knees, then going to work part time at a dog daycare. We seem to have a lot of them around here.
  17. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? Stonehenge
  18. What’s one item on your bucket list? Can't think of anything just now.
  19. Do you have any pets besides your reef tank? Tell us about them! We have 3 mini dachshunds, Milo, Beverly, and Sylvia. They keep us pretty busy!
  20. What's your favorite fish? YWG
  21. Favorite coral? Favias
  22. Favorite invert? Urchins
  23. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? I have a 55 gallon with a 20 gallon sump, a Red Sea Max Nano Peninsula, and a Fluval Evo 13.5. All LPS and Softies. I started with the Evo during Covid. I had the 55 gallon as a FW planted, but turned it into a reef about 3 years ago. The Red Sea is just a couple months old right now. Also still run a 20 gallon blackwater tank with Tetras. No build threads, I just never seem to get around to making one.
  24. Do you have any planned upgrades or tweaks you’d like to make to your tank(s)? No firm plans. Just working on the new tank, getting it settled in.
  25. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I have this Goni on the back wall of the big tank that reaches about 6"or 8" and sways back and forth.
  26. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? I just like it all.
  27. What are some good gift ideas for you? (Some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) Frag holders are always appreciated. If your a baker, Christmas cookies (really any kind of baked good is delightful, and I even love fruitcake!) Any local, dark roast specialty coffee. A locally made honey.
  28. If you had to choose, would you rather receive something handmade or something store-bought? Doesn't matter, I'm easy.
  29. Are there any specific brands or reef products you love or prefer? Nope
  30. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock No
  31. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) No

Travv26

View Badges
Reaction score
SECRET SANTA QUESTIONNAIRE

1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Nutramar fish pellets, want more of corals tho lol
  3. What are your other hobbies/interests? Hot sauce/ spicy seasoning making, craft beers/whiskey, and BBQing, just for a few lol
  4. How do you like to spend your free time, whether it's relaxing after work or on the weekends? Never any free time, but all as spent with the family or tinkering with something
  5. Do you have any dietary restrictions or preferences if your Santa wants to send a treat? Nope send away, if I get it first before the kids
  6. What’s your favorite candy or snack, either from your childhood or something you love to munch on now? Mostly do beef jerky or beef sticks for snacks, but sweets gosh I’m a sucker chocolates
  7. What’s your favorite holiday tradition? I honestly like to enjoy putting on a good time to bring family and friends together to have a good time
  8. Do you collect anything? Corals, hot sauces, spices,
  9. What's your favorite color? Purple
  10. What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL-XXL, 12’s
  11. What's one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? TVs are taken by wife and kids
  12. What type of music do you listen to? A lot from Twiddle - Slaughter to prevail - That Mexican OT
  13. Do you enjoy reading? If so, what types of books do you like? Just post about things in the hobby or sauce groups and informational
  14. Do you play any games (board games, video games, card games, etc.)? If yes, what are your favorites? all board/card games. Especially when friends and family are around. Also PC game mostly call of duty
  15. Are you a fan of any sports teams? Bruins for hockey, Took on Greenbay Packers for my grandmother
  16. What’s something interesting about you that most people on R2R don’t know?
  17. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? Australia, and want to go back to Indonesia for non military work
  18. What’s one item on your bucket list? Mediterranean cruise and take the wife to Scotland. Oh tank wise some controllable light bars
  19. Do you have any pets besides your reef tank? Tell us about them! Yes a rambunctious golden doodle
  20. What's your favorite fish? Purple tang, would love a pair of Rhomboid Wrasse
  21. Favorite coral? Rainbow pectinia
  22. Favorite invert? Sunburst anemone
  23. Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? Have a Red Sea 300xl plans to upgrade in the future those. It’s a LPS dominant mixed reef
  24. Do you have any planned upgrades or tweaks you’d like to make to your tank(s)? Yes, always tweaking the tank. Like to try out new gear
  25. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Was my torch garden till it took a hit
  26. Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over? Yes new equipment or when I can get new coral
  27. What are some good gift ideas for you? (Some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.) supplements for the tank, craft beers from your area, seasonings, grilling equipment, Mitras lightbar 3 lol
  28. If you had to choose, would you rather receive something handmade or something store-bought? I’m very happy with either way I’ll enjoy it. I’ve had people get a gift and then add their own touches in and to the box then ship it to me.
  29. Are there any specific brands or reef products you love or prefer? Use a lot of brightwells and reef blueprint
  30. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock. Yes I’m able to expect livestock coral though and not adding fish right now.
  31. Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your answers.) Nope think I laid it all out and all the questions hit the spots

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This message is for anyone who is on the fence. I did this last year for the first time. I was a little worried I would screw something up. I'm telling you it's easy very fun and well worth it! Jump in my friends.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
This message is for anyone who is on the fence. I did this last year for the first time. I was a little worried I would screw something up. I'm telling you it's easy very fun and well worth it! Jump in my friends.
First-time last year as well! It is very fun to be a part of and is easy as well!

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
What country are you located in? USA

What is one thing you always need more of?

What are your other hobbies/interests? Gardening, mountain biking, running, grilling

How do you like to spend your free time, whether it's relaxing after work or on the weekends? Yard work

Do you have any dietary restrictions or preferences if your Santa wants to send a treat? I love gummy or fruity candies… sour patch kids!

What’s your favorite candy or snack, either from your childhood or something you love to munch on now? Sour patch kids, gummy bears, “zero” candy bars.

What’s your favorite holiday tradition?

Do you collect anything? Hallmark itty bitty’s ..star wars or harry potter

What's your favorite color? blue

What size t-shirt/hoodie/socks do you wear? XL

What's one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Harry potter, big bang theory

What type of music do you listen to? Alternative rock 80s

Do you enjoy reading? If so, what types of books do you like?

Do you play any games (board games, video games, card games, etc.)? If yes, what are your favorites? Any game for my Nintendo switch

Are you a fan of any sports teams? MLB Cardinals

What’s something interesting about you that most people on R2R don’t know?

If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?

What’s one item on your bucket list?

Do you have any pets besides your reef tank? Tell us about them! Two Whites tree frogs & two dogs

What's your favorite fish? So many.. mainly fairy wrasses and gobies

Favorite coral? Acropora and scoly’s

Favorite invert?

Tell us about your tank(s)! What size are they? What do you keep in them? Do you have a build thread? 150 gallon and 20 gallon frag tank

Do you have any planned upgrades or tweaks you’d like to make to your tank(s)?

What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank?

Are there any parts of the reef hobby you get really excited over?

What are some good gift ideas for you? (Some general thoughts or ideas for whoever draws your name.)

If you had to choose, would you rather receive something handmade or something store-bought? Either one is great

Are there any specific brands or reef products you love or prefer?

Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock

Are there any additional questions you wish we had asked that we didn't? (Add those questions in under these and post your

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
This is my first year participating, and I am so excited!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back