*** R2R Secret Santa 2018 - Official Registration Thread ***

Are you interested in joining the R2R Secret Santa?

• YES I'm going to participate!

Votes: 132 27.0%
  • NO

Votes: 123 25.2%
  • Maybe after I learn more about it!

Votes: 234 47.9%

• Total voters

Fishy McFish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What is your shirt size? Large

1. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
Sure! Torches, Nems & more softies :)
  1. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
Steak! I’m Keto dieting so it’s a bit strict and miserable
  1. What is your gender?
I’m a dude
  1. What are your hobbies or other interests?
Skiing, hiking, camping
  1. What is your favorite color?
Teal

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What is your shirt size? 3XL
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, pretty much any coral
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Love me some homemade Xmas cookies. No allergies
  4. What is your gender? Female
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Seattle Seahawks, my cats, not much else these days
  6. What is your favorite color? Seahawks Blue & Green

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Hi Reef2Reefers!! We're excited to invite you to participate in the R2R Secret Santa gift exchange! This a great way for our members to spread some holiday cheer and as a bonus get to know each other little better.

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that latest trinket for your reef hobby that you've been eyeing... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
  • Members can sign up between now and December 1st.
  • Secret Santas will be assigned on December 2nd.
  • The total value of the gift must be at least $20.00. Please keep in mind that you may go above the minimum, but you may not receive the same in turn.
  • Buy or make gifts by 12/17/2018
  • Ship all gifts the week of 12/17/2018-12/21/2018
  • Delivery confirmation is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus.
  • Everyone is welcome no matter where you live in the world. Just don't try to ship livestock cross-border.
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special SS banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to:
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (full name, email, and shipping address).
  2. Join our Secret Santa usergroup (CLICK HERE)
  3. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What is your shirt size?
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
  4. What is your gender?
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests?
  6. What is your favorite color?
If shipping coral we ask that you notify us with when you would like 2 ship so we can notify recipient and make sure they will be able to take in. If recipient can't be there we will ask them for 2 other days and work out with sender. (We don't mind playing the go between here to keep it more a secret.)

Also, notice that we have a special Secret Santa forum going on! Feel free to start other threads in here to talk about everything Secret Santa related, holiday related, or just anything you want to talk with all of us other SS peeps! Go wild! LOL

Great to see the participation just far. and this should be a great event.
One question I have...... How do we know who we are exchanging with and when?

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Great to see the participation just far. and this should be a great event.
One question I have...... How do we know who we are exchanging with and when?

It’s all in the first post of the thread. You will be matched on 12/2 and gifts need to be shipped 12/17-12/21.

Just a reminder to everyone, you will only be matched if you send me your shipping information.

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Shipping info Pm'd to you

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What is your shirt size? XL
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, ACANS, Toadstools, Hammers, Torches!!! (Canada corals, frag box, bayside corals are all good Canadian vendors to order from)
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Lindor white chocolates, chips(ketchup, dill pickle, Salt and vinegar, ketchup, most flavours but kettle cooked), yogurt covered rasins(Yum).
  4. What is your gender? Male
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Model Railroading
  6. What is your favorite color? Blue
Loving this! Can't wait to be a part of all the fun!

Always use extra R2R Towels, long sleeve shirts or a black hat with orange fish ;)

Last edited:

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What is your shirt size? Medium
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* I'd love leathers (NOT green toadstools ;) I already have three...). I like the squishy things, so zoas are also sweet, or anemones. Also keep macro algaes in the display, so always looking for new cool plants. :p
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? I'll eat just about anything - Love, love anything with caramel or nuts in it!
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? I paint / draw in my free time (trying to get back into acrylics). I'm also a cactus plant enthusiast.
  6. What is your favorite color? GREEN ;Troll

Mark Lawson

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What is your shirt size? (4XL)
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* (NO THANKS FULLY LOADED)
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? (DARK CHOCOLATE/TRAIL MIX/RED LOBSTER/SUSHI)
  4. What is your gender? (MALE)
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? (HAM RADIO/REEF HOBBY/KOI/AQUASCAPING)
  6. What is your favorite color? (BLACK)

demonspeedn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What is your shirt size?XL
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*Not right now, too cold. Maybe an IOU/gift card.
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?Love Chocolate
  4. What is your gender?Male
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests?Reefing, Halloween,
  6. What is your favorite color?Black

sdcosta

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What is your shirt size? XL (really a M but the husband and I share t-shirts often)
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? No thank you
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Cheetos and Reeses
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Other than reefing? Photography, cats and gudetama
  6. What is your favorite color? Orange

Will Milberger

Aggie Aquarist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes, reef safe.
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Peanut M&Ms
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Guitar playing, Star Trek or Star Wars minatures.
  6. What is your favorite color? Yellow or maroon.

This should be fun!

Edmund Y.

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What is your shirt size? M
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? If possible BTA or zoa
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Potato Chips. No allergies
  4. What is your gender? M
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? Music, movies, koi pond, gardening. Dallas cowboys fan

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
  1. What is your shirt size? XXL
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? No thank you
  3. If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*
  4. What are your favorite foods or snacks? I'm Italian so Arancini's !!! Oh and Coffee I'm a coffee addict. Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Nope I'm fat and jolly!!! Lol
  5. What is your gender? Male
  6. What are your hobbies or other interests? Rock crawling in my rock buggy / general off roading with the family.
  7. What is your favorite color? Black

Last edited:

amazongb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
1. Shirt size is Medium
2. Corals, just about anything coral wise.
3. No allergies, so anything
4. Male
5. Hobbies: reefing, gym, guitar, skateboarding, camping, photography
6. Navy Blue

hejjo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Secret Santa Questionnaire:

[*]What is your shirt size? XL

[*]Would you be interested in receiving livestock? Heck yea!! I have a 300 gallon stable system that will gladly except some frags. If yes, what would you be interested in? I do not discriminate when it comes to corals.

[*]What are your favorite foods or snacks? Love me some combos.

Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? I hate peanuts.

[*]What is your gender? Male.

[*]What are your hobbies or other interests? I like to consider myself a bit of a tea connoisseur.

[*]What is your favorite color? Black and white.

tweeter

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Sounds like fun!
  • What is your shirt size? no shirt please
  • Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Montipora, Stylophora, acros, or zoas
  • What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? I love chocolate and lemonade! I love trying new spices...
  • What is your gender? Female
  • What are your hobbies or other interests? Gardening, I love all kinds of plants (except weeds)! And reefing; isn't that like growing plants?
  • What is your favorite color? Bright colors

habutti

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I'm in!!
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Absolutely SPS and love scolies
  3. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? Chocolate, no allergies
  5. What are your hobbies or other interests? All around RC, miniature gaming

Porpoise Hork

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Count me in!

1. What is your shirt size? 2XL
  2. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? I got a pair of gold stripe maroons for my Nem. Need something that grazes on algae but will be safe with a fuzzy dwarf lion fish. Corals - My main tank a full mixed lps dominant with soft, lps and sps. Here is my build thread to give you and idea, https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/started-my-75g-build-finally.386159/
  1. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind? I'm a fiend for chocolate chip cookies. No allergies.
  2. What is your gender? M
  3. What are your hobbies or other interests? Reef tanks, PC gaming - I play 1st and 3rd person shooters and RTS like Planetary Annihilation etc.
  4. What is your favorite color? Dark Blue

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
ACC
Back