R2R LIVE SALE 3/5/22 SAT - Aqua SD 15th Year Anniversary LIVE SALE - Discounts, Games, Freebies, Fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although daring a drunk dude to take a shot of skimmer water for $20 bucks is definitely worth losing a friendship over!!

team america vomit GIF
This seems to have a backstory I kinda want to hear...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A couple persons here mentioned clownfish. Ever wonder why one of the clowns are always so mean ?
Female clownfish are much more dominant than their male counterparts. They greedily try to eat most of the food that gets into the tank (which is one reason the males don't grow as large). They will often aggressively protect their "home", whether that be an anemone, a nesting site, a clay pot or the entire fish tank. If it attacks your hand when you're trying to clean the glass or it won't let any other fish near its spot, you most likely have a female clownfish.
This is how the social hierarchy works for clownfish: There is one dominant female clownfish, partnered with a male, who is the next most dominant fish. The female is larger (often much larger) than the male. Next are non-mating males and juveniles. They are usually smaller still than the dominant male. If the male mate were to die, the next dominant male would become the mate (if the female accepts him). If the female were to die, then the dominant male would change to female and the next male in line would become the mate.
When an Ocellaris Clownfish submits to the dominant female it is quite a site. The fish will actually turn on its side and shake, almost like a spasm. The female will then usually relent, but will often check back to make sure the male stays in line, so to speak. Once the male submits, they can become a pair, but they do not always become a pair.
Just because the pair are bonded does not always mean they will mate. A mated pair of clownfish are just that - a bonded pair that have mated.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems to have a backstory I kinda want to hear...
Simple. Just had daughters boyfriend come over...drunk off his butt. Friendly but definitely the type of drunk to get my wife annoyed. As such, after about 20 minutes of suggesting he go to bed and sleep it off, I decided to help him get some of that excess alcohol out of his system. Bet him $20 that he could do my special shot. Got him a shot glass of skmmate (unbeknownst to anyone) and made him drink without smelling. Spent the rest of the night puking his brains out and the rest of the next day apologizing.

My wife was quite mad at me...but when she finally came around she was proud of me.

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple. Just had daughters boyfriend come over...drunk off his butt. Friendly but definitely the type of drunk to get my wife annoyed. As such, after about 20 minutes of suggesting he go to bed and sleep it off, I decided to help him get some of that excess alcohol out of his system. Bet him $20 that he could do my special shot. Got him a shot glass of skmmate (unbeknownst to anyone) and made him drink without smelling. Spent the rest of the night puking his brains out and the rest of the next day apologizing.

My wife was quite mad at me...but when she finally came around she was proud of me.
Taking notes...

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
While aspastia is an unwanted anemone and BTAs are wanted anemones, they're both anemones, so consider that in a smaller system, or you might end up with an anemone tank.Since you brought up aptasia, do we really need peppermint shrimp or nudibranch for a couple of them?Keep it simple. . . . .
Since you brought up aptasia, do we really need peppermint shrimp or nudibranch for a couple of them?
Keep it simple. . . . .
While aspastia is an unwanted anemone and BTAs are wanted anemones, they're both anemones, so consider that in a smaller system, or you might end up with an anemone tank.
Since you brought up aptasia, do we really need peppermint shrimp or nudibranch for a couple of them?
Keep it simple. . . . .
https://www.reef2reef.com/attachmen...=896158&hash=d4b7a78fd4a857c9c4b07442df7a6974
Keep it simple. . . . .
https://www.reef2reef.com/attachmen...=896158&hash=d4b7a78fd4a857c9c4b07442df7a6974
Keep it simple. . . . .
Using syringe, inject either lemon juice or better yet. . kalkwasser powder mixed with tank water into a paste the consistency of toothpaste and inject into the very center core and it will melt away

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

nobel peace prize lol GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
When you have company come over and they dont pay attention to your tank :

ignore tank.jpg

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t feed too much and watch your (water) flow
Paramount Network Winner Winner Chicken Dinner GIF by Yellowstone

Winner was selected at random, but everyone had some great tips and very useful information! I am very sure more than one person will refer back to them!

Check your messages friend!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral-vault.com
Back