R2R LIVE SALE 3/5/22 SAT - Aqua SD 15th Year Anniversary LIVE SALE - Discounts, Games, Freebies, Fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never have your wife stand behind the tank, she gets mad. Also, don't let your son see you do it - it creates bad habits and you don't want it once you have coral and fish in the tank...
Especially if she gets splashed... well, some are into that type of stuff?

No Idea Reaction GIF by TLC Europe

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't touch your eyes until AFTER you wash your hands I'd you've been touching the tank or equipment.
One time my eye was very itchy and I HAD to scratch it... little did I know the back of my hand still had salt water leftover on it LOL

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Never -Ever, , , do this with new fish and coral:

acclimate.jpg

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a variety of cuc worked for my GHA invasion: multiple species of nerites, ceriths, astraeas, trochus, limpets, a money cowrie, and a conch. Now, all I have are dinos! (J/k, I did get ostreopsis after the GHA in yhe rocks and sand receded to nothing, but UV is taking care of that).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Not sure how many grabbed elegance coral yesterday. Elegance corals require a moderately high amount of light to support photosynthesis. But that doesn’t translate to strong light. LEDs, fluorescent, or other reef-caliber lights will be sufficient. You want to aim for a PAR of about 80-120. Also important is water flow which should be moderate.
You don’t want the flow to be too hard or too soft. “Just right” means the tentacles flow gently, like leaves in a light wind. Too little and elegance corals will not thrive. Too much flow and you risk tearing the delicate polyps.
The proper flow brings nutrients to the polyps, ensuring they remain nourished. And you’ll see the typical “sweeping” movement as they drift in the current.
The elegance coral is photosynthetic, which means commensal photosynthetic algae called zooxanthellae that live inside its body tissue and provide nutrition by harvesting the energy in light – much like a house plant. They also benefit from regular feedings. with foods such as krill, Mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, or small pieces of fish, and shrimp.
Elegance corals ARE prone to elegance coral syndrome (ECS). If your coral has this disease, you’ll see swelling around the oral disc and unopened polyps or a white mucus coating.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Copepods
Back