On vacation - DOS not running AWC as scheduled

Bartanto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted on Neptune’s FB page but didn’t get anywhere. Time to ask the R2R brain trust!

On vacay and DOS not appearing to run AWC. This AWC schedule has worked for months as setup through tasks. I ran a calibration task on both pumps prior to leaving. Noticed dos graph not showing water in or out. I re-ran the setup task and still nothing this morning. Scheduling looks normal. Updated firmware even though it was okay, re-ran task at later time. Still nada - What gives?! TIA. IMG_0040.jpeg IMG_0041.png IMG_0042.jpeg

Last edited:

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I go on vacation I halt the AWC processes and also turn off a manual valve for the water to my RODI unit. The switch that halts the AWC also locks out the push buttons that dispense fresh saltwater and DI water. The only thing that can still run as needed other than the normal things at the tank is the ATO pump. Also it is not a good idea to change anything on a controller within a few weeks of going on vacation.

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd. Sorry I can’t help fix it, but I guess thank your lucky stars it was the AWC and not your 2-part pump that went offline. Tank should be just fine without water change.

OP
OP
Bartanto

Bartanto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd. Sorry I can’t help fix it, but I guess thank your lucky stars it was the AWC and not your 2-part pump that went offline. Tank should be just fine without water change.
100% fine! Just weird and concerning and several fronts - this system is in trials right now trying to finds issues before bigger cosequence - got one!

OP
OP
Bartanto

Bartanto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I go on vacation I halt the AWC processes and also turn off a manual valve for the water to my RODI unit. The switch that halts the AWC also locks out the push buttons that dispense fresh saltwater and DI water. The only thing that can still run as needed other than the normal things at the tank is the ATO pump. Also it is not a good idea to change anything on a controller within a few weeks of going on vacation.
I’d like an AWC system to afford longer vacations! I’m with you on the RODI, I’ve got a solenoid on switches, a float and manual shutoff valve. The idea of not being able to calibrate something on the system within two weeks of vacation and have it work is daunting - but pretty sound - thanks.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like an AWC system to afford longer vacations! I’m with you on the RODI, I’ve got a solenoid on switches, a float and manual shutoff valve. The idea of not being able to calibrate something on the system within two weeks of vacation and have it work is daunting - but pretty sound - thanks.
The way I look at it is there are people that don't do any water changes so missing a couple of weeks999 should not be an issue. You can always increase the amount changed some for a while to make up for it. I would be worried if something were to malfunction and not doing AWCis one less thing to worry about. I also have 2 water level sensors at the ATO level and I can alway connect a second ATO pump up and switch sensors or pumps if needed while away if needed. I also have someone that comes by to feed and check on our cat that can also check something specific about the tank if needed. Unfortunately I cannot help with Apex since that is not a controller I have ever used and the one I do use is quite different. Is the ATO still working correctly? If so that would indicate that it is not stuck during a drain of fill sequence if the log or graph for the ATO still looks normal.

OP
OP
Bartanto

Bartanto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I look at it is there are people that don't do any water changes so missing a couple of weeks999 should not be an issue. You can always increase the amount changed some for a while to make up for it. I would be worried if something were to malfunction and not doing AWCis one less thing to worry about. I also have 2 water level sensors at the ATO level and I can alway connect a second ATO pump up and switch sensors or pumps if needed while away if needed. I also have someone that comes by to feed and check on our cat that can also check something specific about the tank if needed. Unfortunately I cannot help with Apex since that is not a controller I have ever used and the one I do use is quite different. Is the ATO still working correctly? If so that would indicate that it is not stuck during a drain of fill sequence if the log or graph for the ATO still looks normal.
ATO is fine. I’ve definitely got hands on deck for qualified emergencies - I’d never leave otherwise!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back