Noobie mistake, I believe I burned simple SPS with too much light.

BRS
Nutramar Foods

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, lesson learnt on this one. And I was advised by really experienced keeper (who is going to replace the lost ones I got it from him). These SPS were the easiest allegedly possible, and what is the best I was refusing taking them LOL saying it is too early but was assured it is all good...
Shall I give them a bit more time or throw them away?

seriously Candy seems to be fighting back!
Well if you see any color at all there is always a slim possibility for a coral to come back. Rent a par meter and confirm your tanks par so you know where to place future corals.

OP
OP
MikeCRK

MikeCRK

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you see any color at all there is always a slim possibility for a coral to come back. Rent a par meter and confirm your tanks par so you know where to place future corals.

yeah, will need to check that one. That is why I am having some hopes for candy, as it still shows living algae.

Let me observe for the next two days and if no change - to the bin.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
MikeCRK

MikeCRK

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank is this I don't think you stated previously? If you have my bad
It is nano, so to keep it stable is a challenge (and a plan so I can learn faster).

I have 20+ years experience in freshwater, trying to learn to move to marine fully.

So far not that bad but this action was not fully but fooley :)

Blake509

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be more concerned if that light is capable of growing sps. I don't have experience with that light but 30watts isn't a lot. I'd stick to softies if it were my tank. For one just to get comfortable with saltwater and two until you upgrade lighting. I'd also slowly work up from easier to keep softies then lps then sps then acros last. That's just my opinion.

Avast
OP
OP
MikeCRK

MikeCRK

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be more concerned if that light is capable of growing sps. I don't have experience with that light but 30watts isn't a lot. I'd stick to softies if it were my tank. For one just to get comfortable with saltwater and two until you upgrade lighting. I'd also slowly work up from easier to keep softies then lps then sps then acros last. That's just my opinion.

the light test:

all the tests and reviews are saying it is AI but without fancy name tag

yeah, this was my plan too, just got 'encouraged' by the person I got the corals from

Blake509

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is mainly talking spectrum so the color of the light is the same. But even then the ai has a couple different spectrums the aquaknight doesn't have and is 55watts with 16leds compared to 36watts and 12 leds they are comparable but I wouldn't say the same.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

TCK Corals
Back