Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones in the at seem a little better. The one anthias isn't eating but he's a little more active and not hiding as much. The resplendent anthias in the hospital tank still won't move or eat. I've tried feeding several types of small frozen quality foods no luck. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

VJV

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I have these two in quarantine for about 3 weeks (1 acclimation, 2&3 PraziPro). They'll are relatively small (I would say 2,5inch) and are feeding ok. I do not see any white spots in either and also they are not scratching against anything. However, I noticed today that the Foxface is flashing its fins constantly. Does not seem to be stress because when he is scared he just keeps the fins fully extended and changes into camouflage mode. See video below.

Is this a sign of ich? I am going to do 3-4 weeks of cupramine anyway, but just want to check if I should start sooner.

Thanks

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@VJV I wouldn't say its necessarily a sign of ich but it is a little unusual. Unless he's doing it as a way of posturing himself. I would treat for ich just to be on the safe side, as you will almost never see symptoms (white dots) on a foxface's skin.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I will treat but torn between starting tomorrow after a 80%water change to remove Prazi or wait another week or two after the water change to start cupramine.

If Prazipro is all finished up (2 rounds), I would begin Cupramine immediately.

VJV

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Should I run carbon for 24h after the 80% water change to clear out the Prazi or the water change is enough and I can star cupramine immediately after that?

Also, the reason I was planing in waiting a couple of weeks is because they are a bit skinny still and am afraid they will not tolerate the cupramine.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Should I run carbon for 24h after the 80% water change to clear out the Prazi or the water change is enough and I can star cupramine immediately after that?

The WC is enough.

Also, the reason I was planing in waiting a couple of weeks is because they are a bit skinny still and am afraid they will not tolerate the cupramine.

I would raise it very slowly (take a week or two) so it doesn't suppress appetite right away.

VJV

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. So yesterday added the first dose of 0,05 (cupramine) and today they seem fine. I will add another 0,05 today, and another tomorrow morning to reach 0,15. Wait 4 days, and than raise concentration by another 0,05, and one day later repeat. Should be at 0,25 by than. Wait another week and two more 0,05 doses to get to 0,35 concentration. Does it sound ok?

melypr1985

totally addicted
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. So yesterday added the first dose of 0,05 (cupramine) and today they seem fine. I will add another 0,05 today, and another tomorrow morning to reach 0,15. Wait 4 days, and than raise concentration by another 0,05, and one day later repeat. Should be at 0,25 by than. Wait another week and two more 0,05 doses to get to 0,35 concentration. Does it sound ok?

It's very slow, but if that's your goal (or you have fish known to be sensitive to it) then that's fine. I usually raise it up in 1 week, but that's me. You'll have to do water changes during this time so be sure your adding the cupramine to the new water too. I wouldn't stretch it out too long because this is a poison clear and simple. You don't really want them living in it for an extra week or two if you dont need them to.

Top Shelf Aquatics
World Wide Corals

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Clownfish in QT and are on a 3rd day of Cupramine. They both have stringy white feces -- one is not interested in food and the other is slowly becoming not as voracious an eater.

I'm worried about the larger one. After a regime of API GC she has not been taking to food as readily. I've tried garlic, and different kinds of foods. Trying to get them to eat Hatchery Diet pellets which the smaller clown one loved.

Just checking.

CLICK TO VIEW

melypr1985

totally addicted
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Clownfish in QT and are on a 3rd day of Cupramine. They both have stringy white feces -- one is not interested in food and the other is slowly becoming not as voracious an eater.

I'm worried about the larger one. After a regime of API GC she has not been taking to food as readily. I've tried garlic, and different kinds of foods. Trying to get them to eat Hatchery Diet pellets which the smaller clown one loved.

Just checking.

So the clowns have the white stringy poop after the General Cure was dosed?

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. The larger had it before. Then after GC completed the stringy poop reappeared on the smaller clown. It's very thin. The larger one had a very large and thick bowel movement, white and short that came out yesterday. I had hoped it was a constipation and the movement would open her up to eating but I have yet to see her eat.

I just put in a tiny bit of defrosted Mysis soaked with a bit of Garlic guard. But neither seem to be eating it. Again, they don't appear completely lethargic or breathing hard. The Cupramine is at a full therapeutic dose in a gallon tank. I'll test again this evening.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back