Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No other meds yet only GC. So you are saying do the 25% WC then watch them for a week then GC again ?

Yes, you gotta kill the worm hatchlings (before they can lay eggs of their own.) Prazi & metro won't kill the eggs.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you gotta kill the worm hatchlings (before they can lay eggs of their own.) Prazi & metro won't kill the eggs.

Ok will do. That is why I switched from Prazi to GC thanks to you again [emoji1534]
What meds should I hit them with after if any ? I'm trying to find copper safe local right now if I don't I will order it sometimes I feel cuppermine is to strong

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok will do. That is why I switched from Prazi to GC thanks to you again [emoji1534]
What meds should I hit them with after if any ? I'm trying to find copper safe local right now if I don't I will order it sometimes I feel cuppermine is to strong

I would probably run them thru copper after GC. Its gotta be hard to watch for ich (360 degrees) looking from above into a blue bucket. ;)

And you like that better than prazipro? Because it kills the worms eggs?
It doesn't kill worm eggs, neither product does. GC has two advantages over Prazipro: (a) It mixes better with other medications (b) It also contains metronidazole, which treats intestinal worms. Prazi only treats external worms like flukes.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish I think its flukes but my gold rim have spots I already started the next round of GC is there anything that I can do ? This is the only one in the bucket that's showing signs of anything

Why do you think its flukes? Monogeneans on the body will appear transparent and slowly crawl over the fish. So, the spots shouldn't remain stationary. Below is a photo of a clownfish with flukes on the body.

ENcavzp.jpg

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man the only thing I can do right now is add cupper to the qt that I have setup for shipment later and transfer to that

Any fish he currently shares water with will also need to be treated with copper. If this is velvet (I can't be 100% sure from the video), you need to move fast. A FW dip may buy you some time if his breathing gets heavy.

Freshwater Dip: Provides temporary relief for Brooklynella, Flukes & "Black Ich", Marine Velvet disease (Amyloodinium); possibly even Ich & Uronema marinum (both unproven). Can be used to confirm the presence of Flukes.

How To Treat - Fill a bucket with RODI water, and use a heater to match the temperature to the water the fish is coming from. Aerate the water heavily for at least 30 minutes prior to doing the dip, then discontinue aeration while performing the dip. Fish aren’t overly pH sensitive for short durations like this, but you can squirt a little tank water into the dip just before the fish goes in to help bring it up.

Place the fish in the freshwater (FW) dip and observe closely. It is not unusual for them to freak out a little at first. Also, tangs are notorious for “playing dead” during a FW dip. The important thing is to watch their gills; they should be breathing heavily at all times during the dip. If breathing slows, it’s time to exit the dip. Dip the fish for no longer than 5 minutes. Multiple dips may be done, but it’s important to give your fish a day to recuperate in-between dips.

For flukes, use a dark (preferably black) bucket so you can see if tiny white worms fall out of the fish (especially out of the gills) at around the 3-4 minute mark. The worms will settle to the bottom, so you can use a flashlight to look for them there as well.

Pros - Provides temporary relief for a wide range of diseases in a chemical free environment. Can “buy you more time” until a proper treatment can be done.

Cons/Side Effects - Not a permanent “fix” for any disease, as FW dips are not potent enough to eradicate all of the parasites/worms afflicting the fish. Some fish can have an adverse reaction to a FW dip by appearing unable to maintain their equilibrium once returned to the aquarium. If this happens, hold the fish upright (using latex, nitrile or rubber gloves), and gently glide him through the water (to get saltwater flowing through the gills again). It is also a good idea to place the fish in an acclimation box until he appears “normal”.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got both tangs in bucket with 20 drops of Cupramine 10g of water in bucket about to test before I put anymore. The bucket where they came from that has the GC I'm about to do a 100% WC and treat the wrasses that's in there don't really want to stress them or do you think I should try and catch them and put them in the other bucket ?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got both tangs in bucket with 20 drops of Cupramine 10g of water in bucket about to test before I put anymore. The bucket where they came from that has the GC I'm about to do a 100% WC and treat the wrasses that's in there don't really want to stress them or do you think I should try and catch them and put them in the other bucket ?

I would treat them all with Cupramine at this point, yes. Just in case this is velvet - which spreads & kills quickly. Take a full 24 hrs to get the copper up to minimum therapeutic, adding a small amount every 4-6 hrs.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back