View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 1638091
Then I come home later to him looking like this. Hes crazy man
Its mouth never really showed up as much as now. Is this okay? My butterfly fish is dying for some reason. He is a brownish silver color now, and not eating. I read that high ammonia can cause this, but i just tested the ammonia and its 0. So idk man im worried

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Doglips56

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its mouth never really showed up as much as now. Is this okay? My butterfly fish is dying for some reason. He is a brownish silver color now, and not eating. I read that high ammonia can cause this, but i just tested the ammonia and its 0. So idk man im worried
A friend told me bta’s are like a canary in a coal mine. If they get unhappy something is amiss. How long have you had the butterfly? Have you checked your phosphates? High phosphates can make corals/Nemo’s mad but wouldn’t hurt the fish. Did you check nitrites also? I think the bta is definitely stressed. Don’t know what to tell you really about your fish

OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend told me bta’s are like a canary in a coal mine. If they get unhappy something is amiss. How long have you had the butterfly? Have you checked your phosphates? High phosphates can make corals/Nemo’s mad but wouldn’t hurt the fish. Did you check nitrites also? I think the bta is definitely stressed. Don’t know what to tell you really about your fish
Do you think it was shriveled up because the lights turn off soon? Is the anemone dying??

OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The butterfly is going on 2 months old

OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The butterfly is going on 2 months old
He was dying before bc he was laying on the bottom, barely moving, but now (he still might be dying) but hes swimming more and not falling to the bottom and staying around the top more. This is after I immediately transferred him to my quarantine to treat whatever is wrong with him, and he is kinda doing better now

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Fast forward the next day. I woke up to it big and expanded more than I have seen it so far. It used to be straight up and down in a rock crevice, but now it leaned over more (I guess so it can expand more because it didnt have much room to expand before.
26C06843-8B3F-4010-BA28-205F759CCB23.jpeg
0FEFA68C-C70E-494E-B945-C5BAFD274FCD.jpeg

Avast

Doglips56

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Fast forward the next day. I woke up to it big and expanded more than I have seen it so far. It used to be straight up and down in a rock crevice, but now it leaned over more (I guess so it can expand more because it didnt have much room to expand before.View attachment 1640203
Looks lots better. Anemones are strange characters.

OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another update. This is the second day I have woken up to the anemone flapped on its side, deflated, and shriveled. I think it is still attached to the rock tho. I wasn’t too worried yesterday because within a couple hours, it kind if regained its shape. Today it just looks weird. I don’t know if this is normal orrrr?

Top Shelf Aquatics

mindme

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another update. This is the second day I have woken up to the anemone flapped on its side, deflated, and shriveled. I think it is still attached to the rock tho. I wasn’t too worried yesterday because within a couple hours, it kind if regained its shape. Today it just looks weird. I don’t know if this is normal orrrr?

My rainbow BTA deflates every night like clockwork. As soon as the lights start dimming basically. Not fully, but down to about 20% of it's larger size during the day(about 9-12 inches in radius). It hosts 2 clownfish, and they are still able to find places inside it at night.

During the day it gets much larger. But it does different things every day. Some days it'll stretch up way high vertically, and the other days it likes to kind of extend and wrap around the rock where the water is flowing in the other direction. It makes the rock look like it's bald on top. When it's in that position, the mouth is on it's side etc. When it's vertical it's most up. Most of the time it's on the side. It has a little hole inside a cave like area and it's foot never leaves that spot, even though it extends all over the place.

When I first got it, it spent a few days in the corner of the tank and down at the bottom. It found the spot it's in now eventually and hasn't moved since

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GUYS what is wrong with my anemone??It has all thats stuff on it! But its still moving?? Can someone help pls
View attachment 1645834

Sorry but you were given sound advice, and just ignored it. Now you are seeing the consequences.

maybe it’ll make a come back but doesn’t look like it will. At this point you may want to take it out before it further jacks up your tank.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Legendary
Back