View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 1636301
Here is an update since I posted this.
The color is the only thing that is scary about that I wouldn’t do anything your tank don’t touch him don’t do water changes but again mine looks like total death a lot goes down to very small sizes

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The color is the only thing that is scary about that I wouldn’t do anything your tank don’t touch him don’t do water changes but again mine looks like total death a lot goes down to very small sizes
When should I start to worry if it stays like this? I do not want it to nuke my tank. I would rather take it out now than risk all of my fish dying.

sprungson

Anemone Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just got it, and have not fed it, it probably is not pooping. However, if it is pooping, it should look "normal" again within a day.

When I get BTA, it takes about a week for mine to look like how it did in the store. I usually take a picture of the anemone in the store so i have a reference when i get home.

OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you just got it, and have not fed it, it probably is not pooping. However, if it is pooping, it should look "normal" again within a day.

When I get BTA, it takes about a week for mine to look like how it did in the store. I usually take a picture of the anemone in the store so i have a reference when i get home.
It was trying to eat pellets that fell on him earlier but spat it out. should I try and host my clownfish in it right now so they could help maybe??

AquaCave Logo Banner

sprungson

Anemone Lover
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was trying to eat pellets that fell on him earlier but spat it out. should I try and host my clownfish in it right now so they could help maybe??
Honestly, the clowns I have always beat up my anemone. I don't think clowns will help it if it is stressed. I only heard clowns helping magnificas to acclimate. I would just monitor it and then see how it goes tomorrow.

OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, the clowns I have always beat up my anemone. I don't think clowns will help it if it is stressed. I only heard clowns helping magnificas to acclimate. I would just monitor it and then see how it goes tomorrow.
Alright Ill update you guys tmrw or later today if it gets any better/worse. Thanks for the help.

Avast

EagleEye121

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said, just give it time. It’ll bounce back and settle in if parameters are stable!

In the meantime, cover any powerheads with “anemone guards” (sponge, filter floss, etc) to make sure it doesn’t get chopped in the event it detaches while you’re away from the tank.

Good luck!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Webslinger

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my experience so far, I do not listen to people who say to wait for an “established” tank for ones who “need it.” I have a butterfly fish and a koran angelfish and you know how stressed it is how you need a big tank and an established tank to own them. They are doing perfect and are extremely happy in my 65 gallon along with my clownfish, royal gramma, and mandarin.
Fish and anemone’s are 2 different things

Webslinger

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s just silly taking pictures. Why do your bta’s keep dieing that you have to keep buying them? I constantly give mine away. One bta becomes many.

let’s see some of your pic comparisons

Last edited:

Webslinger

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had corals and nems in the same day I put water in a tank I did cycle outside bactera In a bio brick so it never went to build up of ammonia. What it seems to me is established tanks really means consist don’t have swings and you are fine
Stable not established
My RBTA shrivels up every day between 2 and 3 pm. By 5 he's back to normal size.

Common mine do at night

Top Shelf Aquatics

Webslinger

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said, just give it time. It’ll bounce back and settle in if parameters are stable!

In the meantime, cover any powerheads with “anemone guards” (sponge, filter floss, etc) to make sure it doesn’t get chopped in the event it detaches while you’re away from the tank.

Good luck!

it really depends where your power heads are located. MIne are not coved and never have any issues.

EagleEye121

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it really depends where your power heads are located. MIne are not coved and never have any issues.

Agreed. Mine isn’t either. But w/ a sick nem, if taking a simple precaution like that can help prevent a total tank crash, I’d say it’s worth it whether it’s needed or not.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back