Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t put them in a new tank again but I could have removed it instantly if things went south. I seeded pods and fed pyhto to my tank from the end of cycle. No clue if it helped.
I had a split hide in a dark cave for 4 days that I know of before it came out.

good luck

Crabby48

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing. I had the same experience too
Amazing but have at least 16. Not so easy getting them of the rocks. Lol

How would I feed mine? Do I wait for the clownfish to host it? Or should I keep dropping pellets and stuff on it.
I was told not to feed them but I fed them all the time. I learned that wasn’t the best thing. I don’t believe you need to feed them or very little maybe ever 3-4 weeks. I would get a different option on feed then me. I stopped feeding mine a year ago. Plenty of food in my tank from feeding fish.
I’m guessing the BTA is small. If I was to feed it I would feed it hakari mysis. I don’t know of any pellet foods as I only feed frozen and fresh foods

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing but have at least 16. Not so easy getting them of the rocks. Lol

I was told not to feed them but I fed them all the time. I learned that wasn’t the best thing. I don’t believe you need to feed them or very little maybe ever 3-4 weeks. I would get a different option on feed then me. I stopped feeding mine a year ago. Plenty of food in my tank from feeding fish.
I’m guessing the BTA is small. If I was to feed it I would feed it hakari mysis. I don’t know of any pellet foods as I only feed frozen and fresh foods
Believe it or not he is a medium and definitely looked medium when he arrived. Now it looks small after a few days. I feed all my fish except the butterfly fish pellets (he doesnt eat them) then I feed the butterfly frozen brine shrimp. Sometimes little bits and pieces of shrimp will fall on him. So would that be enough for feeding?

Crabby48

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe it or not he is a medium and definitely looked medium when he arrived. Now it looks small after a few days. I feed all my fish except the butterfly fish pellets (he doesnt eat them) then I feed the butterfly frozen brine shrimp. Sometimes little bits and pieces of shrimp will fall on him. So would that be enough for feeding?
I would think that would be fine. They really don’t need much to eat. They are pretty tough

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

More than enough... you'll find they actually require very little food to stay healthy. A little supplemental feeding a week is enough to prompt them to split.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh, reef police. Yeah I have had it for about 1 month now. Eating perfectly, swimming around, fins are out, changing colors. So b4 u make an ignorant post, yes they are happy. But thank you for the luck.

Lol a month...

Nutramar Foods

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited by a moderator:

EagleEye121

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabby48

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how bout we try to respectfully educate him rather than put him down for being a “noob.” The toxicity in this thread is unbearable.

sorry you’ve got to listen to these people Dylan
10 years down the road wouldn’t we still be a noob. Mankind has been trying to keep fish and coral for many of decades and we still didn’t scratch the surface

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 years down the road wouldn’t we still be a noob. Mankind has been trying to keep fish and coral for many of decades and we still didn’t scratch the surface
Except all the info is readily available, some just choose to do what they want without considering the consequences. Fact is a Koran gets way too big for a 65g will eat coral and housing a nem(even an easy green bta) isn’t well thought out.

Crabby48

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except all the info is readily available, some just choose to do what they want without considering the consequences. Fact is a Koran gets way too big for a 65g will eat coral and housing a nem(even an easy green bta) isn’t well thought out.
My reply was not directed towards you in anyway. I wasn’t but hurt how you came off nor even gave it a thought. I was making a general reply to the word noob in this hobby.
I’m good:cool:

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad had a Koran in his 45 gallon years ago, and lasted 3 years until he tried switching to a 110 gallon. Thats when most of his fish died. Again, I am getting my information off of ppl who experienced what I am looking for.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, lets clean it up folks. We are here to help, not call people names. If you don't have something nice to say, please keep it to yourself.

OP
OP
dylanjk

dylanjk

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Heres a quick update 24 hours later: Last night was its first night cycle, and I woke up to it deflated again. Couple hours later he is like this. I am starting to worry less bc i think he is starting to get used to it.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SR
Back