+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club

reminds of "Hey Joe, where you going with that pistol ship in your hand"...J Hendrix

View attachment 3022301
I love that song
Welcome! Don’t you just hate (or love) planing your upgrades even before you get established with your current tank!
Got this 32 intending to buy a mantis. Did more research while tank cycled. Decided I didn’t want a dark tank to benefit the mantis. Decided against it. Got corals. Here we are. . In short yes.

World Wide Corals

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!
Welcome.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the site.
My name is Joseph and I reside in North Carolina. I have been keeping a reef tank now for about 10 months, though I’ve been an aquarium hobbyist for over 2 decades. I have definitely been enveloped by the salt water hobby and am already looking at my next tank. Regret not going bigger from the start. I currently have a flex 32 housing a single maroon clown and RBTA, a six line wrasse, A blood shrimp (L. debelius) A peppermint shrimp, a female Pom Pom crab who was berried at one point, and various hermit crabs and snails. Multiple zoanthid colonies including 100+ polyps AOI colony, frogspawn, orange hammer, 4” rainbow goniopora colony, pagoda cup turbinaria colony, assorted riccordea and discosoma polyps, pink nepthia, and one coco worm. A bigger tank is needed and will be he before the month is over. Cheers.

View attachment 3022032

Hi Joseph and Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Entirely up to you, but you might consider doing thread for each tank (current and arriving) though you will only get one badge.

This might help you find people local to you in NC:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

World Wide Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back