+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All

I had an issue with Brooklynella about 8 weeks ago. The tank has been Fallow since then, about 8-8.5 weeks at this point. I have some snails and a pom Pom crab, and two small shrimp in the tank. I’ve been feeding occasionally. All the inverts are fine of course but my question is this: can I move the inverts to my new tank that’s been up and running for a few months without any risk of brining Brooklynella with them. I’m very new to fish disease so I don’t want to risk anything. The newer tank has a few fish, clowns, goby, gramma, Midas blenny.
Thank you in advance

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello All

I had an issue with Brooklynella about 8 weeks ago. The tank has been Fallow since then, about 8-8.5 weeks at this point. I have some snails and a pom Pom crab, and two small shrimp in the tank. I’ve been feeding occasionally. All the inverts are fine of course but my question is this: can I move the inverts to my new tank that’s been up and running for a few months without any risk of brining Brooklynella with them. I’m very new to fish disease so I don’t want to risk anything. The newer tank has a few fish, clowns, goby, gramma, Midas blenny.
Thank you in advance
Brookylnella hostillis needs a host fish to dwell on and inverts should be safe . If I understand right and inverts have been in the display tank 8+ weeks by themselves, and you want to add them to new tank that has been free of fish- Yes you can

OP
OP
Slevin007

Slevin007

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brookylnella hostillis needs a host fish to dwell on and inverts should be safe . If I understand right and inverts have been in the display tank 8+ weeks by themselves, and you want to add them to new tank that has been free of fish- Yes you can
Thank you. That’s what I was assuming but wanted to jump in here for a more experienced viewpoint. Looks like I got it. Thank you again

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't the micro parasites also live in the water column so if the inverts are wet as he transfers would that be an issue? Should he splash bath them in some clean salt water first?

I am aware he is at the 76 day fallow point.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Can't the micro parasites also live in the water column so if the inverts are wet as he transfers would that be an issue? Should he splash bath them in some clean salt water first?

I am aware he is at the 76 day fallow point.
These kidney bean shaped cilia parasites live off the skin of fish and without fish , they starve in 5-6 weeks and with the period without fish doubled, I see no reason to have to go through additional steps as opposed to ich, this ciliated protozoan has a direct life cycle and likelhood of micro parasites is extremely low to none

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

PremiumAquatics.com
Back