Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what would happen to WWC? Would they need to shut down ?
That would be a strategic decision. They could sell off the approved list, move out of state, or just absolve. Would be up to their board or whatever there members agreement gives operational discretion to.

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a major online retailer relocated from florida to NYC in the last few years, probably saw this coming. If it comes to fruition, the wise will leave.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

RichReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing I find the most ironic about this entire banning thing is we, the hobbyists, will be the ones to save it all when they finally ban tourism and coastal living which is the leading cause of collapsed marine ecosystems by a few hundred thousand light years. Because if they don't do that there is no hope ... at all. Zero. None. Sorry beach lovers. It's true. Not so sure with climate change why people are even living on the coastlines. You would think if it was a dire issue that we would start moving everything important inland.

Where there are no people there are flourishing marine ecosystems. Even in Bikini Atol. My cousin, who dives for the military, and his crew dive all over the world. Sometimes they can't see because of the amount of fish swarming them. Want to know something else ironic? The big plastic island in the middle of the Pacific has a tremendous amount of life around it. He says it's insane the amount of life that is there. So the ocean can deal with trash. Can't deal with humans.

It just looks like fish and coral collection will just get more expensive.

This is all a ploy to make it look like they are doing something. It's easy. We are easy targets. Everyone knows what the problem is. No one cares. Not really.

|Frank|

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would hope not. If it’s a whitelist they would probably just sell what’s on that list.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be a strategic decision. They could sell off the approved list, move out of state, or just absolve. Would be up to their board or whatever there members agreement gives operational discretion to.
can you imagine having to break down the 50 tanks he has. Man , hopefully this goes well for them . Nightmare knocking on their door. i only ask because i watch his youtube channel and his tanks and thriving

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only state near me with a whitelist is Maine. Which, I find odd given the climate, aside from natives nothing can survive the winter. Florida has an ecosystem that could support rapid evolutionary radiation.

The result of ME having a whitelist? ME license plates in the fish stores i visit. prohibition never really works.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

The_Paradox

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you imagine having to break down the 50 tanks he has. Man , hopefully this goes well for them . Nightmare knocking on their door. i only ask because i watch his youtube channel and his tanks and thriving
The reality is if they stayed in Florida they would not break down. They would just liquidate non-approved animals and increase the other stocks. If they ban all but 50 fish on Monday, by the next month the local fish stores would be selling as many fish as pre-ban. 90% or greater of this market in vanilla: what’s in the store consumers who buy whatever is in the store and pretty. Ordering off line is for more advanced hobbiest.

Top Shelf Aquatics

MnFish1

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Whiskeyboy84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok highspeed, they most certainly do monitor social media, people have been caught with illegal pets(crows, gators etc), posting pictures of Goliath groupers, snook, all kinds of things. But you do you and go ahead and cross state lines with banned wildlife.
You my friend just made my day with your comment “ok highspeed” who did you serve with I was a Medic with 1ID 2ID and 555th Engineers

Whiskeyboy84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you can’t keep a certain fish in a glass box but your neighbor can legally have a vicious kid mauling dog? Awesome

“B…bbb…bbbbut it’s HoW yOu RaIsE tHeM”.

Lol
So I have a pack of German Shepherds I have raised from birth it is absolutely how you raise them some of my GSD’s brothers and sisters are working with Narcotics, CBP, and PSD’s. I can take all four of my dogs out front off leash and they will not leave our yard, no electric or hidden fence btw, they don’t chase anyone, don’t bark, only time we have had an incident was when a neighbor let their dog charge me barking and growling my dogs only reacted when the ****zu hit my yard off leash as well and tried to bite me. Also if you do your research most dog bites cases are from small dogs like Chihuahuas, and other miniature breeds.

CLICK TO VIEW

Roli's Reef Ranch

Review score
+1 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also a "reptile guy". I feel so bad for those snakes. Surely there was something else to do besides euthanize a bunch of legally owned pets/breeders. I get that they want to keep invasive species out of the Everglades, but frankly, I think it's a bit too late for that. There are already thousands roaming about, funds should have gone to taking some of those out of the swamp instead of attacking a bunch of pampered and friendly animals secured in cages.
Exactly. Only law-abiding snake owners will comply with this draconian law anyway. Criminal and thug snake owners ain't givin' up their snakes! It's better to have a snake, and not need it, than to need a snake and not have it! So much for commonsense snake control! lol

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a pack of German Shepherds I have raised from birth it is absolutely how you raise them some of my GSD’s brothers and sisters are working with Narcotics, CBP, and PSD’s. I can take all four of my dogs out front off leash and they will not leave our yard, no electric or hidden fence btw, they don’t chase anyone, don’t bark, only time we have had an incident was when a neighbor let their dog charge me barking and growling my dogs only reacted when the ****zu hit my yard off leash as well and tried to bite me. Also if you do your research most dog bites cases are from small dogs like Chihuahuas, and other miniature breeds.
sadly, due to overbreeding, most dog bites are from golden retrievers. they tend to be very mouthy when removed from their mother too soon but yeah pomeranians and chihuahuas and all the little white rat dogs are usually the reactive dogs

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tank Stop
Back