Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they have any plan in place to allow for the the general public or interested parties (like wholesalers or LFS's) to request a study to get a new species approved or denied for the whitelist? (Preferably an option that might actually get results within a year or so and that wouldn't cost a small fortune?)

Since a petition to stop the whitelisting effort will likely be ignored due to Florida's rampant invasive species issues, it seems to me like a petition to setup some reasonable pathway to add species to the whitelist may be the best option for the hobby in Florida at this point. (Granted, this petition would probably be ignored too, but it's the best suggestion I've got at this point.)
Hey in the second video I posted the guys were saying when the commissioner got the request from FWC, staff said that there were over 30,000 species so he delayed the request so more research could be done. Whether they do it or not I dont know.

Last edited:
CLICK TO VIEW

Adolfo

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buenos Aires Party GIF by /////MONOARTCHIVES//////

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone, we've had to remove multiple political posts. This thread is actually getting reported quite a bit. The staff recognizes the seriousness of this issue, so we're doing our best to leave the thread open. Please help us out by avoiding political rants and (of course) any personal attacks or insults towards other members. Emotions are high on this issue, and passion can sometimes come out in unproductive ways. Please keep in mind that we as a community aim to be different than other social media outlets by treating one another with respect and keeping things as positive as possible. Let's show our best even in these tough conversations! Thanks! You guys are a wonderful community to be part of!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

legionofdoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone that has seen war knows that it’s horrible as a Combat Vet trust me I don’t want that at all but sometimes blood has to be shed to restore the balance. I know this will be a very unpopular statement but if you truly study the Civil War you will see it was not about freeing the slaves it was about controlling the vote because the crowded northern states were beginning to loose majority vote to the less populated states due to the 3/5’s compromise that’s when the Northern states began arguing that slaves were property and shouldn’t count towards delegates. That’s what caused the Succession of the Southern States. The North then got ticked because they needed the fields in the south for revenue that’s what started the war. It wasn’t until the North saw that they were losing the war that the Emancipation Proclimation was penned Gettysburg is looked at as the turning point for the North yet most historians fail to see that it was after this victory that came after a long list of defeats that the Emancipation Proclamation was released to bolster the Union ranks with newly free’d slaves. Even though the Confederacy lost the war still brought about change that ultimately leveled the delegate debate. The nonsense of the political establishment of our time is ballot harvesting politicians on both sides of the isle participate in this tactic so in essence these politicians are buying their seat in legislature. We need to cap campaign spending, cap fundraising, and establish term limits on every political position from local to federal these positions were meant to be voluntary not paid and you shouldn’t be able to come in to congress as a bartender with 100k in student loans and become a millionaire on a 275k a year salary.
Don't forget the emancipation proclamation only freed the slaves in the confederate states.

legionofdoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to say exactly the same thing! Lol
Are you Burmese/Myanmar? Judging by your name, it's either a strong possibility/coincidence or you are a fan of obscure martial arts. If any of those are true you definitely are wasting more time than we are considering the state of affairs in SEA.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys, we're not going to get into a back and forth over moderation. Yes, we do attempt to notify members of TOS violations. Please review our terms of service or reach out to a mod if you have questions. Let's keep this thread on topic.

legionofdoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, we're not going to get into a back and forth over moderation. Yes, we do attempt to notify members of TOS violations. Please review our terms of service or reach out to a mod if you have questions. Let's keep this thread on topic.
That's fine. As long as you give us a heads up. (as far as I care). However if you start deleting things without any explanation or notice that's wrong. Furthermore if you are going to moderate could you at least discriminate non Floridians first from the discussion, since we are the ones actually dealing with this and not someone from out of state/country/continent.

legionofdoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW what do you mean " we do attempt to notify members of TOS violations"? You have all the control so "attempting" is irrelevant, it should be either "we notify or we don't". I personally am not asking for a back and forth, I just want to be notified if I'm being silenced and for what reason.

CLICK TO VIEW

Graemesreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fine. As long as you give us a heads up. (as far as I care). However if you start deleting things without any explanation or notice that's wrong. Furthermore if you are going to moderate could you at least discriminate non Floridians first from the discussion, since we are the ones actually dealing with this and not someone from out of state/country/continent.
Good point, my post just went bye bye also. Maybe the key is to get in touch with the boss?

|Frank|

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef builders wrote an article the day of the meeting that’s informative. I’m looking to see if there are any updates as far as what research will be done for adding species onto the “whitelist”

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

C4ctus99

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*wonders if my posts have been deleted* :face-with-tears-of-joy:

In all seriousness, definitely hoping that this gets sorted out and the fact that the commissioners heard there were so many species and said they would need more time was good…unless I misread frank

|Frank|

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*wonders if my posts have been deleted* :face-with-tears-of-joy:

In all seriousness, definitely hoping that this gets sorted out and the fact that the commissioners heard there were so many species and said they would need more time was good…unless I misread frank
yep yep, the second video I posted the creators talked about this. I can post again, but I'm also trying to find what was actually said in the meeting.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

|Frank|

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BeanAnimal

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well someone didn’t win the gator permit lottery :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
I agree they will screw it up somehow but at this point people are over reacting.
Because government never overreaches?
Because government understands these things?

Reality, the people who will make these decisions know nothing about fish, aquariums, or the wildlife of Florida. Just like they don’t know anything about gasoline, ethanol, engines, power generation, climate, VOCs, building codes, prescription drugs or anything else that they pass laws about. They only know what their staffers and lobbyists and activists tell them. They act based on money with a finger always in the air checking for what screaming group can do them the most damage or what group they can woo for money or votes.

workhz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve lost track but I thought we were going to be discussing banning Florida (seemed like a reasonable idea).

More seriously and I probably missed it but that letter says 2 options. Allow everything currently commerced (not sure what that means exactly) plus white mist future stuff or only allow things that are white listed.

Is there any indication which route they’re going as even the recommendation at the bottom of the letter made no sense to but then again I’m not super familiar with government double and triple speak.

Top Shelf Aquatics

|Frank|

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve lost track but I thought we were going to be discussing banning Florida (seemed like a reasonable idea).

More seriously and I probably missed it but that letter says 2 options. Allow everything currently commerced (not sure what that means exactly) plus white mist future stuff or only allow things that are white listed.

Is there any indication which route they’re going as even the recommendation at the bottom of the letter made no sense to but then again I’m not super familiar with government double and triple speak.
Based on the meeting, they're going to research more of the species that would be on such lists before coming to a final decision. The industry preferably would like a black list so they know exactly what they can and cannot sell. The whitelist would leave things open to interpretation. I'll post the video again.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back