Coral Ideas

ccoakley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is finally run well. I have a leather and a few zoas. Looking to see what everyone’s ideas on what other corals and placement should be. I have gyre pump set to random.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say a green monti plating, and nice birds nest. These are easy and will build confidence. Monti where it won't shadow future coral, birds nest as a center piece.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you have those down and stable, get hammer or frogspawn. As cheap as possible, those will usually be the ones that have been around forever, fastest growing and easy to take care of.

Naekuh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duncan coral for your clowns if you have no intention of putting in an anenome.
Id actually recommend you do the duncan over the anenome infact, as i have a extremely tight love/hate relationship with anems.

For LPS a AcanLord, Blastos, and some Frogspawn / Hammer / Torch.
For SPS - Koji Wada, Japanese Xmas Tree, Deep water Weeping willow, Tyree Toadstool.

For the hammer and torch, id avoid the super expensive (fruit / rainbow / basketball team) named ones to start. Get some cheap ones, im sure if you post in the WTB thread, you can probably get the weed spreading like Frammer (frogspawn / hammer hybrid) coral for about 10-15 dollars / head.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ccoakley

ccoakley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duncan coral for your clowns if you have no intention of putting in an anenome.
Id actually recommend you do the duncan over the anenome infact, as i have a extremely tight love/hate relationship with anems.

Maybe a AcanLord, Blastos, and some Frogspawn / Hammer / Torch.

For the hammer and torch, id avoid the super expensive (fruit / rainbow / basketball team) named ones to start. Get some cheap ones, im sure if you post in the WTB thread, you can probably get the weed spreading like Frammer (frogspawn / hammer hybrid) coral for about 10-15 dollars / head.
Thanks. I actually have three anems; a large long tentacle, a tiny long tentacle and a tiny rainbow tip. The clown ignore all of them. The large one probably because it has a porcelain crab and the other because they’re so small still. I had an Acan, but it didn’t do well, I have no idea. I’ll definitely check out your other suggestions.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you suggest I place the monti?
Off to one side lower in the water giving enough room to grow outward and still be able to clean the glass. It will grow fast

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back