OP
OP
ZzyzxRiver

ZzyzxRiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One gallon of saltwater is around 8 to 9 pounds. I wouldn't do anything above 100 gallons on my second floor just because of the water damage in case of a leak, but I guess It would depend on how old the house is and good the construction was.
7 year old condo construction and exterior corner wall, so I realized I’m not likely to run into any problems, especially since I can’t imagine doing more than 50g at this point. This probably won’t happen for another month anyway, so I’ve got plenty of time to research tanks and stands before switching it up. @Tamberav scared the crap out of me because just yesterday my son was banging on the tank with a metal spoon my mom gave him (bad grandma!!!). He’s rarely unsupervised but it’s the things he does quickly when I’m not expecting it that worry me most.

bigbugoutfitters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into the same problem. Daughter keeps on getting into the tank. Im starting to do a cost benefit analysis on buying an electric fence.
In all seriousness, when you get the bigger tank, i can’t recommend getting a good stool like this one enough.
Although there are times when she resembles a troll from lord of the rings pushing a siege tower…

IMG_0517.jpeg IMG_0522.jpeg

OP
OP
ZzyzxRiver

ZzyzxRiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into the same problem. Daughter keeps on getting into the tank. Im starting to do a cost benefit analysis on buying an electric fence.
In all seriousness, when you get the bigger tank, i can’t recommend getting a good stool like this one enough.
Although there are times when she resembles a troll from lord of the rings pushing a siege tower…

IMG_0517.jpeg IMG_0522.jpeg

We planned to get one of those anyway, so it’s definitely gonna happen!

saltienewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put my tank at ground level so my baby could crawl up to it. Now my baby is a toddler and has discovered that you can open the lid. See my stopgap solution below. How do you other reef parents keep things childproofed? Don’t suggest taking it off ground level—he LOVES watching the tank!
IMG_1692.jpeg
My daughter did the same thing with my Fluval flex. Necessity is the mother of all invention. She started getting good at taking the tape off the feed port. Superglued a piece of plastic over it. It works

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back