No hate: what corals wont give me anxiety as a new hobbyist?

Solo McReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do you, but that is a rather short sighted take born of either ignorance of the actual danger that palytoxin represents or the same silly bravado that the anti seatbelt crowd projects.

Your choice by all means, but aired publicly, assume that others will openly disagree as a matter of public interest and concern.

They may not cause you “anxiety”, which is understandable, but you shouldn’t shame people or downplay the risk for those that have valid concerns.
I wrote, in that very post

That others would disagree with me

The biggest anxiety I have for my zoas

Is that my filefish is eating them now. And what to do with the file fish

Perhaps the solution is adding aptasia to the tank, which he was bought to prevent

It also poses the question, if the zoas are as toxic as some state, what is it about the filefish that allows him to eat them. And with the damage to the zoa tissue and release of the toxin, not noticably affecting the other delicate fish and corals in the system
1000004064.jpg

That said, most anxieties are irrational. Meaning they are based on feelings, or some innate trait, or some traumatic experience, and one has little control over them (without pharmaceuticals).

Anyone have any tricks on how to get a filefish out of a tank?

Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back