Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next up, family vacation to Aruba or just purchase 10 years of replacement parts and modified pumps for the skimmer and calcium reactor in advance? While Reef Dynamics is no longer in business, my plan is to keep this heavy duty equipment in operation for decades to come!

[/QUOTE]

lol, your sick in the head man! I like it, really nice build!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If everything goes as planned, Felix will be back in Ohio to add a special feature to my dream tank....more details to follow when the flights and hotel reservations are booked :)

thank you very much! I remember Felix mentioning your build before and was very happy to find it here.

I'm very anxious to see your work. :)

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd rather go to Aruba

We can always go to Aruba another year, but buying as many replacement parts as possible while still available for my custom skimmer was a top priority. Besides, plan B for our vacation this Summer worked out just fine....We just returned from spending almost two weeks at Lido Key, Siesta Key & Longboat Key.....not Aruba, but still some amazing beaches in my book. ;)

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can always go to Aruba another year, but buying as many replacement parts as possible while still available for my custom skimmer was a top priority. Besides, plan B for our vacation this Summer worked out just fine....We just returned from spending almost two weeks at Lido Key, Siesta Key & Longboat Key.....not Aruba, but still some amazing beaches in my book. ;)

I agree, get replacement parts while you can. Otherwise your like me scrambling trying to get all the pieces together to fix it yourself haha. I'm swapping out my skimmer pumps with ehiem pumps, I'm using the reef dynamics replacement parts for those pumps on my custom Geo's skimmer

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Ahh the beautiful BEACH!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, Indeed. You will love those Eheim pumps too, George. I have some in operation that are over 10 years old and still run flawlessly.

I agree, get replacement parts while you can. Otherwise your like me scrambling trying to get all the pieces together to fix it yourself haha. I'm swapping out my skimmer pumps with ehiem pumps, I'm using the reef dynamics replacement parts for those pumps on my custom Geo's skimmer

AquaCave Logo Banner
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you and glad to have you along for the journey!

Following. This is going to be amazing

As for the sump, the dimensions are around: 72" Width X 26" Height X 30" Depth built with 1/2" cast acrylic material.

What are the dimensions of the sump

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BEAST MODE!!!

Yes, indeed. The new skimmer is rated for +/- 1,000 gallons with a heavy bio-load (ie, lots of SPS and reef fish). I have had great success with Reef Dynamics/Euroreef skimmers in the past and I am still running my Euroreef RC 500 skimmer now on my grow out system...It's over 10 years old now and still runs like a champ.

Here are a few pictures of my RC 500, which was built in 2006 and still runs like new.

And my backup RC 1000 skimmer, which was built in 2004, and remains in storage as a spare just in case.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Up next are the powerheads or flow I selected for my dream build. But first, a trip down memory lane is warranted. Back in early 2006, I was one of the first wave of hobbyists to switch out my existing powerheads for a revolutionary designed pump that was Made in the USA and featured a very innovative design where the powerhead motor remained outside the tank during operation. This new design eliminated the traditional powerhead pitfalls where motors were placed directly in the tank, which added extra heat, electricity, and unsightly wires into the display aquarium.

I recall a few minor hiccups with the very first release yet this company, over the years, has always exceeded my expectations with superior quality and support and has bettered the entire hobby by raising the bar of excellence for future pumps to follow.

Fast forward a few years later, and my last reef looked like this ...all powered by MP40 and MP60 Vortech pumps.

With this long history in mind, it should be no surprise why I selected the new MP60 Vortech QUIET DRIVE pumps for my dream tank.

Thank you, Ecotech Marine! The new pumps are amazing and all of my existing pumps are still going strong after many years in service.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion
Back