Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next up are some of the major equipment components I added for this project. Special thanks goes out to Reef Dynamics and Titan Aquatic Exhibits for these gems! For those who know me well, I go back many years with these products and I am still running my old RC 500 Euro-Reef skimmer to this day, which was purchased back in 2006. Built like a tank and still runs like new!

Next up, family vacation to Aruba or just purchase 10 years of replacement parts and modified pumps for the skimmer and calcium reactor in advance? While Reef Dynamics is no longer in business, my plan is to keep this heavy duty equipment in operation for decades to come!

Good decision. Skimmer looks a bite undersized :D. You can always wait another 10 years for a trip to Aruba. Loyalty to hobby first, lol...

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Me too...if you only knew how hardcore I am with my sps collection.....going back many years...the best is yet to come. Welcome and thanks for following!

I am looking forward to see how this one progresses too.

Glad to have you on board with this one as well!
Can't wait to see this thing progress!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Loyalty to the hobby is a close, second my friend. Happy wife, Happy life always comes first !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I don't think my wife will wait that long for a trip to Aruba. The plan this Summer is to visit Siesta Key, Florida again. It is like a home away from home for us. Next year, Aruba!!!

You can always wait another 10 years for a trip to Aruba. Loyalty to hobby first, lol...

AS

Macropora

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loyalty to the hobby is a close, second my friend. Happy wife, Happy life always comes first !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I don't think my wife will wait that long for a trip to Aruba. The plan this Summer is to visit Siesta Key, Florida again. It is like a home away from home for us. Next year, Aruba!!!

My wife is fine with my hobby as well and has been supportive. The yearly trips to different destinations abroad is a big plus for both of us.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Up next: Installing all the electrical components necessary to power a large reef project! Special thanks goes out to my good friend and master electrician, Doug Richards, for this part of the project. Doug spent many weekends in my basement installing all the electrical work for my reef grow out system and for my dream tank pictured below. We still have more projects for Doug to complete in the future, including adding a standby whole house generator to keep our power on during an outage.

All the electrical for my basement reef project uses weather resistant receptacles, installed in the ceiling and away from splashing water, with numerous 20 amp circuits added, and a sub panel to power the big tank exclusively.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you!
Looking good!

Appreciate the compliment!

Glad to share it with you too!

Sooooo Kool

Welcome and glad to have you along to share my journey!

Holy Crap! This is phenomenal! Show us more! Very well thought out and built.

Many more pictures to follow ...stay tuned my friend!

Let's see some tank pics! Electrical qualifies as behind the scenes ;).

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Frag Farm
Back