Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for the compliments and support. I really appreciate it! And Macropora, don't you think a 10'x 3'x 1' frag tank would be too small for me...joking.

I was looking at the portal (hole) you had made in the drywall leading down the stairs to your basement where you were using it to get the large pieces of glass through. My prediction was if you had a a pre-built frag tank about a foot tall, you should be able to get it through that opening ;). I would put a swing door there in case and not seal it up for a loooong time. May come in handy one day :D.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, Rick! It has been a long journey and counting. One step forward and two steps backwards ... is the only approach I know Lol.... One day it will all be complete.

Glad to see this is coming to life Tim! Following along! Going to be epic for sure!

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for following and welcome!

Wow!! What an amazing build, this is a must follow!

Oh yes, its a perfect combo! Glad you can join us!
Reef Savvy and SPS, two of my favorite things in this hobby! Looks Epic. Best of luck, not that you need it LOL:D

Greetings from Ohio and glad you can join us ....all the way from the Philippines. Welcome!!!
three letters from far away .... Philippines... this build is just WOW!!!!!

Thanks, buddy...I am a huge collector of the sticks!
Sweet sticks

Thank you!
Following.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes what you see going down my basement stairs is the portal (hole) that is literally sucking all my money out of my wallet....it is an ongoing phenomenon :rolleyes: Thanks for the tips too.....going to keep the portal hole open until the project is complete.

I was looking at the portal (hole) you had made in the drywall leading down the stairs to your basement where you were using it to get the large pieces of glass through. My prediction was if you had a a pre-built frag tank about a foot tall, you should be able to get it through that opening ;). I would put a swing door there in case and not seal it up for a loooong time. May come in handy one day :D.

Last edited:

Paul Carpenter

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good question. I always liked the industrial look of a downtown micro brewery with a tap room opened to the public (ie, concrete walls and exposed ceilings, etc). And since I love to display my equipment just as much as my display reef, my vision will probably feature not just a fish room like you see in so many other threads, but rather, an entire fish basement lol. With plans to add a growler station/bar and a large flat screen TV too.
Very good question. I always liked the industrial look of a downtown micro brewery with a tap room opened to the public (ie, concrete walls and exposed ceilings, etc). And since I love to display my equipment just as much as my display reef, my vision will probably feature not just a fish room like you see in so many other threads, but rather, an entire fish basement lol. With plans to add a growler station/bar and a large flat screen TV too.
greetings. Very nice project, I'm enjoying following your journey. I had a 300 gal DT in my den with equipment room and 120o gallons of sump and speciality tanks in my unfinished basement. My nervana. After 3 years I had to eliminate the 800 gallons of rAck system tanks to lower humidity. I was afraid of developing a mold problem in the basement that could have severely devalued my home. So....you need to heat and air condition and sometime ventilate the basement space. I assume you have thought of this. Just tying the basement into your house HVAC system works.
Have fun! The ultimate fishman cave.

Nutramar Foods
AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back