AcanLord's 500 Gallon Grow Out Peninsula Build....

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
AcanLord.com

AcanLord.com

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an early representation of where the stand is going. All walnut and built with bookshelves on the left living room side. Bookshelves boxes will be removable for easy access to the inside while the right side will have doors. This would be considered a "Shaker" style stand. Again, plumbing is all going in the basement below so she will be really quiet!

IMG_9613.JPG

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
AcanLord.com

AcanLord.com

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to build custom cabinets and furniture for a living. Walnut is by far my favorite wood. That stand is handsome! I wanted to do something similar but the boss lady had the override. Things are coming along, can't wait to see more progress.
Thanks! This is the first time I have worked with walnut and I really like it. It's sturdy!

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
AcanLord.com

AcanLord.com

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a quick tank update. Due to the extremely busy summer, many of the tank building shenanigans were put on pause. We had many of the pieces to this stand completed months ago, but were in serious need of assembly and were stashed throughout the house due to a personal emergency our previous builder had.
We ended up calling Jason Langer to help assemble the stand as he does extraordinary work and has years of experience building furniture for countless reef tanks. We couldn't be happier with the results! Jason was prompt, fun to work with, extremely diligent, and a MAJOR perfectionist! Couldn't ask for a better combination characteristics in a builder.

On to finish the fish room and plumbing.

More updates to come,

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

MarylandTang

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonderful work being done on that stand! There are so many crappy pine stands out there -- this stand will certainly be as impressive as what's in the tank! Are you counting a 50G sump in the 500G title? It looks like you might be able to get something even larger in that stand, or an infinite amount of extra water volume in the basement.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Time for a quick tank update. Due to the extremely busy summer, many of the tank building shenanigans were put on pause. We had many of the pieces to this stand completed months ago, but were in serious need of assembly and were stashed throughout the house due to a personal emergency our previous builder had.
We ended up calling Jason Langer to help assemble the stand as he does extraordinary work and has years of experience building furniture for countless reef tanks. We couldn't be happier with the results! Jason was prompt, fun to work with, extremely diligent, and a MAJOR perfectionist! Couldn't ask for a better combination characteristics in a builder.

On to finish the fish room and plumbing.

More updates to come,

Thanks for looking!

View attachment 587987

View attachment 587988
That's beautiful! I love the cabinetry! Definitely stellar work!!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back