Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen a Dejardini at the LFS that was at least a foot long and super wide dinner plate sized vertically. It made me realize 6ft tanks are just not big enough for them.
Agreed. Sad to think they won’t get to their natural adult size under at home captivity.

OP
OP
vpierce3

vpierce3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen a Dejardini at the LFS that was at least a foot long and super wide dinner plate sized vertically. It made me realize 6ft tanks are just not big enough for them.
That’s a big fish. It’s kind of heart breaking that they get so big. I’d love to keep one long term. They are one of my favorites.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
vpierce3

vpierce3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made myself into a bit of a hypocrite today. I saw a baby desjardini tang at the LFS; about 2.5” long. He was thin and his fins had been bit.
But he was active, no signs of disease and eyes are clear. Anyway he came to the front of the tank and was super friendly.
And I just couldn’t help myself. Felt bad for him and brought him home. I bet you all didn’t see that coming.
Anyway, I have a 5’ long 150 gallon. So he will be happy for a long time. And when he gets too big, I can see if one of the larger commercial aquariums will take him.
Lately I’ve had some brown hair algae and it took him about 30 seconds to start chowing down on it. Hopefully he’ll teach my hippo that that’s food.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion
Back