Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that’s very narrow! Good for fish like you said.. ideally you want wide and shallow for a reef to get better light distribution.
That’s exactly it and I’ve fought it for 3+ years. I was a rookie and learned a lot. Mostly by trial and error. The 20g kind of pointed to my issue and showed me I wanted a reef tank and not just FOWLR.

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It honestly seems priced kinda high compared to what I’ve seen out here in Vegas.. I’m sure it varies in every area.. but here’s one for example that looks identical besides the stand. It’s still cheaper than you can buy the acrylic for any more thou haha!
What site did you see that listing on? I don’t recognize it and if it’s one used in my area I’d like to take a look.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely interested. How would I review what you have?
Let me get a list next week and pics of what we have. I will post them here first. The one I have in mind i think is 24 wide.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me get a list next week and pics of what we have. I will post them here first. The one I have in mind i think is 24 wide.
Thanks. As you may have seen in the other comments I want to do a reef tank and the 90g I have now is just too tall and narrow to really be good for that. The 90g part is fine (larger would be better), it's the dimensions.

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the end I decided not to go with it. The broken section concerned me. It is a decent distance (hour + each way). I didn't have good pics of the seams on the tank so that was a question mark. I don't have anyone to do acrylic repairs and have no way of knowing how much it would cost. I'd rather keep looking and find the right tank. If anyone has recommendations of where to look (other than Craigslist) I'd love to hear them.

Midrats

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Lighter
-More clear
-Lifetime leak free if built correctly
-no ugly silicone seams
-safer
-more thermally stable
-and at least for our tanks, about 20 to 35% less expensive than those well advertised Chinese made glass tanks.

Scratches are easy to fix. I will be writing an article about how to do this without emptying the tank. All the best with your new home.
Don't forget earthquake resistant!

Roli's Reef Ranch

Review score
+1 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the end I decided not to go with it. The broken section concerned me. It is a decent distance (hour + each way). I didn't have good pics of the seams on the tank so that was a question mark. I don't have anyone to do acrylic repairs and have no way of knowing how much it would cost. I'd rather keep looking and find the right tank. If anyone has recommendations of where to look (other than Craigslist) I'd love to hear them.
Good call. At best, I would offer to dispose of it for him for free. At least he wouldn't have to move it himself...

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note, I did find someone selling a Red Sea 500 Max S for $1,200. Includes 3 AI Hydra 26’s, sump, ATO, Red Sea Skimmer, heater, pumps and stand. I have not seen it yet and don’t know how old it is. Anyone have thoughts on this one? Other questions I should ask? From the research I did it seems like a very good price.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another note, I did find someone selling a Red Sea 500 Max S for $1,200. Includes 3 AI Hydra 26’s, sump, ATO, Red Sea Skimmer, heater, pumps and stand. I have not seen it yet and don’t know how old it is. Anyone have thoughts on this one? Other questions I should ask? From the research I did it seems like a very good price.
Doesn’t sound like a bad deal at all! If you start piecing a tank together you’ll spend more than that on lights and a skimmer lol.. well good ones anyways.

OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t sound like a bad deal at all! If you start piecing a tank together you’ll spend more than that on lights and a skimmer lol.. well good ones anyways.
what is also nice is that I can sell my current lights, sump and skimmer to offset the cost. At least that’s my justification to my wife! ”Hey it’s almost free at that point”

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is also nice is that I can sell my current lights, sump and skimmer to offset the cost. At least that’s my justification to my wife! ”Hey it’s almost free at that point”
Sounds like a plan! I’m into my 60gal cube for over a grand now lol.. should have went bigger… oh well

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Marty Fleskes

Marty Fleskes

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to check in and see if you had a chance to see what you would have available.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back